Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Calculate on bar close VS. NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello gplatis,

Thank you for your post.

You can find an example at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=19387

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    If you use COBC = true and used Set you will get intrabar exits. That should work. As far as trying to mix end of bar handling with more advanced intrabar handling, this may take more effort in the Strategy Wizard.

Leave a comment:

• CRCatNinja
    replied
    Josh:

Thank you for your help. If I in fact need COBC=FALSE to properly generate the EXIT commands, what language do I add to the code (or Strategy Wizard) to effect the ENTRY signals based simply on BAR data then?

I guess a follow-up question for those of us who use Strategy Wizard...if we build conditions based on COBC=TRUE, AND we use the Set Profit Targets and Stop Loss Tabs...does that operate intrabar?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    COBC must equal false and this must be in real-time for you to be able to get any intrabar exit. The closing event of a bar is the same event as the opening of the next bar. You can place trades there.

if (FirstTickOfBar)

Leave a comment:

• CRCatNinja
    started a topic Calculate on bar close VS. NOT

Calculate on bar close VS. NOT

1. Entry Conditions to my strategy are based on calculations made from a BAR's OHLC. If condition is satisfied, I would like to enter on the CLOSE price.

2. Once I am "in a trade", my EXIT strategy is contingent on the current price (I suppose ASK for a long trade and BID for a short trade) breaching a specified price, calculated from previous bars' data.

Having said that, is "Calculate on bar close = TRUE" the correct choice? Will my EXIT criteria; (If Current "Ask" <= calculated price; then SELL at market or If Current "Bid" >= calculated price; then BUY to cover at market) adequately address any intrabar price if hit? Or does COBC must equal FALSE?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
11 responses
0 likes
Last Post frankthearm  
Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM