• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

trouble running a strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble running a strategy

Question,

I coded a strategy, compiled it, and than tried to run it to see if it works properly. I connected to mb trading, got the data feed ok, I than selected start to run the strategy, and apparently the strategy is on and running, the software saysthe strategy is on or running but I do not get any kind of info from the strategy, theres nothing visual for me to see that its trading. I also noticed I cannot get anycharts andwhen I try to start the strategy from a chart box it does not show any info or trades from the strategy......Thanx Much

Steve

imported post

Hi Steve,

I suspect the issue is that you don't have access to historical data.

- If you are only connected to MBT then for sure you do not have historical data to drive your charts
    - You can subscribe to a service that offers historical data such as eSignal, DTNiQ, TrackData or OpenTick (free service) and connect at the same time as MBT.

Additional information on multiple connections is located here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Ninja,

I have a free demo, live realtime data thru MBT, I believe I set up the ninja for realtime data 1 minute dataeven though there is no realmoney being used. Should I not still be able to make things work out this way? Thanx Much

Steve

Comment

imported post

Your strategy will require historical data. MBT doesnot provide historical data and so running a strategy will not be possible until you get access to historical data.

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanx Much Ray......... Steve

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by U0000999, Today, 05:44 AM
          1 response
          0 likes