Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Newbie to NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to NT

I am switching platforms and C++ and NT is very foreign to me. I am used to Neuroshell which allows for wizard based programing. I need steps and ask for help in learning how to write codes for indicators, not just one example but steps to learning how to write code. Not an infinite forum to pick from but some steps on how to try to learn to program indicators and Strategies.
    Why does NT have a wizard for strategy building yet not for indicator building?
    I don't see an extensive arithmetic portion in the strategy builder which inhibits my ability to program very much with the wizard.
    I Really want to learn how to program so please tell me how learning this software is efficiently done.

I have gone through the tutorials and could do the example, Then I tried building my own indicator but get error messages that I don't know how to deal with . How much support beyond a one example tutorial is there to learning programing?

Comment

Allterraintrader,

Indicators are different from strategies and as such there is only a Wizard for strategies.

What you can do in terms of arithmetic is use the offset parameters in the Strategy Wizard.

The tutorials are the best places to start learning how to program. What you want to do is use the Wizard and press the View Code to get a feel for what different things in the wizard translates into for code. The Help Guide also has a whole section dedicated to the Condition Builder. You want to look in there for various techniques in creating different kinds of conditions. From there it is just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the code.

We can help you with syntax, but unfortunately actually teaching programming is beyond the level of support we can offer. I do highly recommend picking up some programming books at the library or try googling some resources to help with the learning process of general programming concepts.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bltdavid  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
      1 response
      0 likes