Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

client.Orders() call in C# sample application returns nothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

client.Orders() call in C# sample application returns nothing?

Guys,

I'm working on an app to integrate with NinjaTrader, and for various reasons I want it to be external and not part of the NinjaScript interface.

I've configured the C# sample app and run it. However, I simply cannot get the documented Orders() method to return anything for account SIM101, even though I'm running the simulated feed and the account is there, and I've placed orders in it, both through Control Center and through the sample app.

Another concern is that my orders placed from the sample app don't seem to show up in the Control Center...so I'm concerned it's broken all around.

See here:
    Code:
     // Submit the order
                if (cboOrderType.Text == "MARKET")
                    success = client.Command("PLACE", "SIM101", instrument, action, quantity, "MARKET", 0, 0, "DAY", "", orderId, "", "");
                else if (cboOrderType.Text == "LIMIT")
                    success = client.Command("PLACE", "SIM101", instrument, action, quantity, "LIMIT", (double) nudLimitPrice.Value, 0, "DAY", "", orderId, "", "");
                else if (cboOrderType.Text == "STOP")
                    success = client.Command("PLACE", "SIM101", instrument, action, quantity, "STOP", 0, (double) nudStopPrice.Value, "DAY", "", orderId, "", "");
                else if (cboOrderType.Text == "STOPLIMIT")
                    success = client.Command("PLACE", "SIM101", instrument, action, quantity, "STOPLIMIT", (double) nudLimitPrice.Value, (double) nudStopPrice.Value, "DAY", "", orderId, "", "");
                System.Console.WriteLine(client.Orders("SIM101"));
    This code is from Form1.cs, and I added that last line (System.Console.WriteLine(client.Orders("SIM101")) ) on line 70. However, nothing is printed out...the newline is printed (i.e., I know writeline is working) but no data is returned from the call.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Never mind...got it. I had not turned on the AT interface (File->AT Interface).

Thanks.

Comment

Ok, great you got it working!
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse