Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Importing NinjaScript File Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing NinjaScript File Trouble

I have recently downloaded ("SAVE") some strategies from the NT ninjascript forum. When I tried to "IMPORT NINJASCRIPT FILE, I was met with an error statement that said,

"You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before downloading a NinjaScript Archive file."

I have scores of strategy and indicator scripts on my PC (all of which I thought were running OK). How do I find out which script is causing this problem?

CRCatNinja, please open any file NinjaScript file and press F5 in the editor to compile all, then you see the offending scripts / errors listed at the bottom - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4678
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand,

What would you suggest if I still get the same error message AFTER having recompiled every single NT strategy and Indicator on my computer?

I did recently upgrade to version 12.

I did recently download PhGenetic optimizer and MoGo optimizer.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        CRCatNinja, please open any file NinjaScript file and press F5 in the editor to compile all, then you see the offending scripts / errors listed at the bottom - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4678

CRCat,

Once the errors are displayed in red at the bottom of the editor screen, double click on the error to open the file with the error.

RJay
        RJay
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
          CRCat,

Once the errors are displayed in red at the bottom of the editor screen, double click on the error to open the file with the error.

RJay
          Thank you rt6176...but I may not have been clear with last message...

I recompiled all strategies and indicators but when I try to IMPORT NEW STRATEGY file from NT forum, I am greeted with same error message indicating that "a stratgey or indicator stored on my PC has programming error and therefore no new downloads can ocuur".

I don't know how to trace which indicator or strategy is signaling this error message.

Comment

When I try to IMPORT a NEW STRATEGY file from the NT forum, I am greeted with error message indicating that:

"a stratgey or indicator stored on my PC has programming error and therefore no new downloads can ocuur".

I have 100's of stratgies and indicators. I don't know how to trace which indicator or strategy is signaling this error message.

Comment

Hello CRCatNinja,

The error indicates your current NinjaScript files contain errors, which need to resolved first before you can import new NinjaScript files.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator or strategy. This will allow you to debug the indicator/ strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator or strategy, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies when compiling any indicator or strategy. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader
              2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
              3) Select an indicator and double click on it.
              4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
              5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
              6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it. You can delete NinjaScript files via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete

You can find general debug information at the link below.

In addition, you can try the following workaround as well. Note that you will lose all custom and third party NinjaScript files.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5 at the link below.

Restore your settings.

You should now be able to import new NinjaScript files.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason:

Are you saying then that the only way to discover where this error may be is to open each individual strategy and indicator script one by one and recompile? I have 100's of them.

Comment

CRCatNinja,

Pressing F5 to compile generate a list of errors across all of your files. You can open any one of them to find all the errors across the entire system.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just did backup, reinstall, Need another backup, reinstall

After the first backup and reinstall of NT6.5, all is well for about an hour. Did import of ninjascript files from the ninjatrader file database with no problems for a while. Now all attempts at even the simplest wizard task is met with a compiling error message. Have attached a couple of screen shots. F5 doesnt work on my keyboard - it's a iMac running windowsNT on bootcamp. Maybe the keyboard is mapped differently. Not going to be making much headway with backup and reinstall every hour. Say it ain't so.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reggy,

When you compile the NinjaScript assembly it will need to compile all of the files at the same time. What the messages say is that your strategy named NbarsUpNbarsDown has programming errors. Please open up the strategy and fix the errors outlined by the error lines. Alternatively you can just delete this strategy and then you will be able to compile again.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Reggy,

You can easily find the location of most errors, whether they are in the current file or not, by double clicking the error. The cursor will highlight a location of the error or pop up a file with the error. Its not 100%, but it usually helps.

Hope that was helpful.

Comment

sigh.
                          Having the same issue.
                          Its been importing files just fine, but since attempting to upgrade to the lastest version as prompted too, its all a big mess.
                          All of the indicators I had on my charts have all gone and it wont let me import them as im getting the dreaded message aboue errors.

I done as advised in this thread, and clicked on a random indicator and pressed F5:

What do i do? I guess i shou;d delete something, but its saying certain files 'can not be found'.
                          If i go to my documents/ninjatrader7/bin/custom - there aren't any files there that say D3SpotterDLL for example
                          Do i need to re-install something, or delete something??? confused/
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by subterfuge; 06-03-2010, 06:12 AM.

Comment

subterfuge, please readd those references in the NinjaScript editor and the recheck if you can compile without those issues -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks.
                              Got it working for now.
                              For some reason, the files (references??) that were missing didn't show up, but i then just found them and cut and pasted them into the ninjatrader/bin/custom file and pressed OK and I can import files again now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              169 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
                              Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Irukandji