Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Mouse Hover/Info Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Hover/Info Box

Is it possible at all to create a hover/info box on my charts. Basically the data inside the info box would contain data that is calculated for each bar so as I scroll over the bars in my chart, I can immediately see any information related to that bar in the info box.

eSignal supports this and I am wondering if this could be replicated on NT.

Hi Dave, NinjaTrader 7 will offer enhancements to the databox - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Enhanced Data Box
    The Data Box was redesigned to support multi-series charting. New features were added for more visual control over how data is displayed. You can now enable/disable the following information:
    - Data Series labels
    - Indicator labels
    - Panel numbers

You can also control font and have the box automatically size dependant on each chart's aggregate information that is required for display. Any indicators plots that are set to Transparent color will no longer be displayed. Lastly, column widths are sizeable.

Enhanced Mini Data Box
    The Mini Data Box has been enhanced in several ways. First, the data format is compressed to take up less space. Second, all series in a panel will be displayed to support multi-series charts and lastly, indicator plot values are now displayed. In the image below, you will see the D and K plot values of the stochastics indicator.

For a custom solution it might be worthwhile to check into the Status Box offered in the sharing section - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...tus+box&desc=1
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Dave, NinjaTrader 7 will offer enhancements to the databox - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Enhanced Data Box
      The Data Box was redesigned to support multi-series charting. New features were added for more visual control over how data is displayed. You can now enable/disable the following information:
      - Data Series labels
      - Indicator labels
      - Panel numbers

You can also control font and have the box automatically size dependant on each chart's aggregate information that is required for display. Any indicators plots that are set to Transparent color will no longer be displayed. Lastly, column widths are sizeable.

Enhanced Mini Data Box
      The Mini Data Box has been enhanced in several ways. First, the data format is compressed to take up less space. Second, all series in a panel will be displayed to support multi-series charts and lastly, indicator plot values are now displayed. In the image below, you will see the D and K plot values of the stochastics indicator.

For a custom solution it might be worthwhile to check into the Status Box offered in the sharing section - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...tus+box&desc=1
      Very cool. Seems like a lot is riding on this release. Can't wait.

One thing with regards tot he mini data box. It mentions that indicator data will be able to be displayed within it, will it be possible to display indicator data that is NOT part of the chart, i.e. the values will only be returned for display in the mini box?

One last thing, is it possible to attach mouse events to NT, i.e. if i double click a specific area of the screen then an action occurs. If so, what NT code would I have to look at to do this?
      Last edited by davewolfs; 08-24-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Dave, unfortunately only what is plotted on the same chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Dave, unfortunately only what is plotted on the same chart.
          Perhaps something to consider. Unless there is a means of visually hiding values that are plotted.

Comment

To hide plots, just set the plot color to Transparent.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If the value being returned is say 1 while the chart is at a price level of say 1000, will this skew how the chart looks even if the plot color is transparent?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
              To hide plots, just set the plot color to Transparent.

Comment

Believe it would not. Please give it a try.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                  Believe it would not. Please give it a try.
                  Thanks Josh, is there a means to attach Mouse Events to NT?

Comment

Dave, this should is possible with C#, but unfortunately beyond our supported scope. MSDN would be a good source for more info.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    166 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sidlercom80  
                    Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view