Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Extended Orders to Interactive Brokers (IB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Orders to Interactive Brokers (IB)

To Interactive Brokers (IB) and/or C# pros
    (specially in case NT stuff would not support answering that question)

Is there any reasonable way to get NT to send extended order information to IB instead of having just the regular MKT, LMT, ... orders?

I would need to send a buy order (limit) with an attached bracket order with a stop loss order (immediately active) and a target limit order (maybe also immediately active or the next day at open, so a 'start time' would need to be attched), plus an additional market order which should be sent to the broker (IB) already with the inital entry and bracket order but should become active before the end of the close in some days, i.e. a 'start time' (= activation time) should be attached to the order.

This is all (relatively easily) possible within IBs TWS and other than NT API software, but how could I do that from NT? Maybe it requires another application, like a C# prgramm or whatever, which would get the signals including the parameters (entry limit, stop loss, ...) from NT, which then would generate the order?

Same is true for another strategy: There I would need to send MOO (market-on-open) orders which than reside at the exchange an will get the official fill at the open price (and are not similar to wait until the open and fire a MKT or LMT order).

Thanks

No, these are not supported.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know that NT does not support them natvely. I just wonder how else this could be realized. Maybe writing to a file which would be interpreted and excuted by a third application, like a C# program (like the samples that come with IBs API).

Comment

That may work.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by BillCh View Post
          To Interactive Brokers (IB) and/or C# pros
          (specially in case NT stuff would not support answering that question)

Is there any reasonable way to get NT to send extended order information to IB instead of having just the regular MKT, LMT, ... orders?

I would need to send a buy order (limit) with an attached bracket order with a stop loss order (immediately active) and a target limit order (maybe also immediately active or the next day at open, so a 'start time' would need to be attched), plus an additional market order which should be sent to the broker (IB) already with the inital entry and bracket order but should become active before the end of the close in some days, i.e. a 'start time' (= activation time) should be attached to the order.

This is all (relatively easily) possible within IBs TWS and other than NT API software, but how could I do that from NT? Maybe it requires another application, like a C# prgramm or whatever, which would get the signals including the parameters (entry limit, stop loss, ...) from NT, which then would generate the order?

Same is true for another strategy: There I would need to send MOO (market-on-open) orders which than reside at the exchange an will get the official fill at the open price (and are not similar to wait until the open and fire a MKT or LMT order).

Thanks
          Has there been a solution to this ,ie.. attaching the stoploss and profit taking order as an attached order to the main order from NT to Interactive brokers .I am only looking for this as a day order.
          Many thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post proptrade13  
          Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
          1 response