Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Error

Trying to import an indicator, following message put up:
    "You have custom files on PC that have programming errors. These errors must be removed before you can import a Ninja Script Archive File."

I click ok, expecting that may be another window showing files with programming errors will be displayed, but no.

So I am left in the dark. I did open a couple of indicator files to have a look, but did not change anything and always clicked ' do not save' on exit.

Any way I am stuck - no clue how to proceed.

Thanks for the help

Hi Kumar, after a quick search of the forums I found the generic response for this:
    The error indicates your current NinjaScript files contain errors, which need to resolved first before you can import new NinjaScript files.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator or strategy. This will allow you to debug the indicator/ strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator or strategy, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.
    1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3. Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4. A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
    5. At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
    6. From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it. You can delete NinjaScript files via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete
    If the above doesn't solve your issue, please take a look at some of the threads listed on this search page.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Import Error

Thanks Austin,

This is getting to be a kind of catch 22!
      I thought I will start by deleting all the indicators I have imported.
      The very first one I tried to delete, came up with: ".... can not be deleted, .... used by other indicators,..... delete these first "

No way of knowing which indicator script is used by another indicator.

So tried compiling which failed with the error, " The type or namespace name 'CCI_Forecaster_DE' could not be found ..... "

May be CCI_Forecaster got deleted by accident.

I am still stuck.

Thanks.

Comment

If you want to delete all custom indicators, do it outside of NT (Windoze Explorer). Then within NT open an indicator and compile it.
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Import Error -

Thanks Danny,

I deleted all the indicators I had imported but get the same compile error.
          I then quit NT and tried to start again, but it went to installation mode and could not fined the installation package.

Now nothing works.

I need a new download link.

Comment

kumar, please contact me directly at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand, thanks
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Import error

With Ninja Trader closed Try going into C:\Users\neo\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator and removing all custom indicators. You do not have to delete, you can move them to another folder.

Then go into the Custom folder and see if there are any DLL's associated with any custom indicator, if so remove them.

Now open Ninja Trader, and Open NinjaTrader...

From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
              Select an indicator and double click on it.
              A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.

If that does not work, you can always reinstall Ninja...

Randy Sarrow

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 02:09 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
              1 response
              0 likes