Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Programming Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming Language

I was wondering if someone can tell me what programming language i should learn for ninja C,C+,C++,Java or Virtual basics, I am new to any sort of programming and am trying to wrap my pea brain around all this . Also what site or books do you recommend( I am more visual so video tuts would work best). I have been on youtube but is very limited.

Thanks

geotabs,

NinjaTrader uses C#. Unfortunately I do not have any specific sites/videos/books, but I would recommend trying the Strategy Wizard and using the View Code button to get a feel for the syntax.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What is the difference between C,C+,C++,Java, Virtual basics and C#? Thanks for the advice Josh, I have looked at the code but when I get to the more complicated custom indicators alot of what i look at does not make sense.

Comment

geotabs,

C# is just another language. Unfortunately going into the differences of each language is outside the scope of what I can cover here. You most likely can find many articles on google comparing differences, pros vs cons, etc. of different languages.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi geotabs,

here are some hints. C is a basic programming language. I have never heared of a language called C+. C++ is a higher level object oriented language based on C, so C is completely contained in C++. In my opinion C# is a sub-set of C++ with the intension to make it less error-prone and easier to use. C++ is more comprehensive and faster in execution.

Regards
          Ralph

Comment

Learning the C# Language

Hi Geotabs

I would definitely look at the book Learning C# in 24 hours by Sams. I have a number of C# programming books but always seem to come back to this one!

For an excellent video series on C# look at the MSDN site

Absolute Beginners Series in Learning Visual C#

(Don't let the Visual C# title put you off)

You can download a free copy of Visual C# Express from the site as well.

The above videos are in Silverlight. They may also be found on the site
            learnvisualstudio.net and are in wmv format and I think display better at full screen. There is also two other video series concerning learning C#
            one concentrating on console programs which you may find more applicable to learning C# for ninja script programming. There is a one off charge for access to the videos for the learnvisualstudio.net site, but the videos can be permanetly downloaded and there are hundreds of other videos on programming that can be accessed as well.

Comment

MicroAl thank you so much for your reply, I'm sure those recommendations will set me on a good start.

Cheers

Comment

C# Class

For those looking for a more hands-on introductory class to C#, you may want to consider this online class:

Comment

MicroAl
                  Thank you so much for this info. I am sure I will learn a lot from it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 03:51 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by MSerag, Yesterday, 11:52 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB