Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to calc daily bars from intra-bar data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to calc daily bars from intra-bar data

My data provider does not provide daily bar data for the ES (emini S&P500). I would like to be able to calculate a 14 day ATR for use in a strategy.
    Does anyone have code that can generate daily bar data and store it in a way that it can then be input to an indicator?

Thanks.

zacharydw00, please try running your ATR calcs on 1440 min charts / series then as workaround.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Using a 1440 min bar on a 24hr chart doesn't give the correct results. Is it possible to store the (end of market) 4:00pm EST bar's closing price to an arraylist or some other list type, and then feed the list to the ATR indicator? I don't think I can use a DataSeries, because there is only 1 element of data per day. Thanks for any suggestion on how to approach this.

Comment

If you look for the cash session closing value, best would be to use a 390 min chart then and set session times to your 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM, this should replicate the chart you need.

Comment

My strategy requires a 24hr chart. Restricting the session times is not possible. So, back to my last question, is it possible to store the (end of market) 4:00pm EST bar's closing price to an arraylist or some other list type, and then feed the list to the ATR indicator?

Comment

zacharydw00, yes you could store the 4:00 PM price to an arraylist and then calculate your own ATR on that, but unfortunately this is outside of what we can support. It would easier to connect to a third party feed first that would allow you to access the daily historical data you need.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses