Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EasyLanguage to NinjaScript translator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyLanguage to NinjaScript translator

There's no support for EL user functions yet and I'm in the process of updating the compiler to support TS 8 reserved words and functions. I wrote it using the TS 2000i reference as a guide.

Thanks, Joel

Interest in NS to EL Conversions

Originally posted by Joel Reymont View Post
    http://algokit.com

There's no support for EL user functions yet and I'm in the process of updating the compiler to support TS 8 reserved words and functions. I wrote it using the TS 2000i reference as a guide.

Thanks, Joel
    Joel, not sure if you're still active - but we're very interested in your progress with NinjaScript to EasyLanguage conversion utilities. Please provide any update(s) /etc..

Regards,

scallc

Comment

There seems to be no market for this translator.

It would make sense for me to finish the project if I were able to find 10-20 prospects willing to vote with their wallets.

I haven't been able to find these prospects, though.

Comment

Most traders don't know how to program in C# very well. Likewise, most C# programmers don't know how to trade very well. What's needed.... is somthing in between.

I think there is a market for an interpreterr/complier of specialized scripting languages that generates strategies in Ninjascript code. By specialized, I mean one language for Custom Indicator Methods (charts), and one language for both Automated Trading (trade logic and trade management).

A scripting language complier for the Custom Indicator Methods would likely be much easier than one for Automated Trading, as the NT reference library indicators are not robust enough for complex or fully developed trading strategies which require extensive computational processing.

Technical Indicators used in advanced trade logic would likey need to be optimized to eliminate unnecessary repetitive calculations on already processed historical data.

Comment

Originally posted by borland View Post
          By specialized, I mean one language for Custom Indicator Methods (charts), and one language for both Automated Trading (trade logic and trade management).
          Is EasyLanguage easy enough to be the indicator language?

What would the automated trading language look like?

Comment

Probably not. Most would probably want a language that was more in between C# and EasyLanguage. For indicator language, it should include:

-multi-instrument (chart indicator based on another instrument)
            -a wizard that allows for language construction (formula wizard) and syntax checking

Automated trading language could include these features, but add additional features like.

-multi-timeframes
            -a wizard that handles trade management and order entry
            -a wizard that allows constructing entry and exit trade logic

Independent modules could be combined to form a trading system.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani