Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simultaneous SLM orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simultaneous SLM orders

Hi,

I would appreciate your guidance as to how to code that two simultaneous stop limit orders be sent at a given time. For instance, I want to send a buy ES order and a sell ES order N ticks above and N ticks below, respectively, from the current price at, say, 09:59:59 with OCO in place. Each order should be provided with a stop loss and a profit target.

I have no idea if this is ever achievable, but if it is, please hold my hand and guide me through since I'm pretty much in total ignorance regarding how to code anything in NT.

Thank you very much.

lgcota, welcome to the forums - unfortunately with this setup you 'run into' the internal order handling rules we have in place for NinjaScript strategies - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview36.html

The workaround would be to monitor price and just send then one order needed instead of placing them both ahead of time, for our next NinjaTrader 7 release we're adding an option to offer more flexibility in this area, it's called 'Unmanaged Order Submission' -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      lgcota, welcome to the forums - unfortunately with this setup you 'run into' the internal order handling rules we have in place for NinjaScript strategies - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview36.html

The workaround would be to monitor price and just send then one order needed instead of placing them both ahead of time, for our next NinjaTrader 7 release we're adding an option to offer more flexibility in this area, it's called 'Unmanaged Order Submission' -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
      Bertrand, thanks. Fact is, I'd actually need both SLM orders to be in place since I won't know in advance in what direction the price is going to dash through. Anyway, I would appreciate your or someone else's in the forum telling me how could this possibly be impremented in NT 7.

Comment

For NT7, there'll be an option to submit orders unmanaged, which gives you the needed flexibility for such an approach, of course adding responsibility at the same time...

New Unmanaged Order Submission
        In 6.5 some users were burdened with our "Internal Order Handling" rules. We have introduced unmanaged order submission which bypasses the convenience of our order handling layer. This lower level of programming allows you to do what you want relative to order submission/management without any limitations other than any imposed by your broker. There are only three methods, SubmitOrder(), ChangeOrder() and CancelOrder(). You then get the flexibility of managing your orders how you see fit and optionally handling rejections
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes