Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Finding a Spread/Ratio Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a Spread/Ratio Chart

I was wondering if you have a way for an indicator or chart to show a spread/ratio of two securities. For example I would like to plot the NEM and GLD in the same chart or indicator but not an overlay. Thanks for you help

Welcome to our forums - unfortunately not supported in charts or indicators for NinjaTrader 6.5 - however you could use a MultiInstrument strategy to calculate spreads and then plot the values from it - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

The same MultiSeries concept will be expanded to indicators with our upcoming NinjaTrader 7 release - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Follow upquestions for the spread/ratio chart questions.

If I use the programing in the link which is difficult to read, would I be able to have a line chart plot the values simular to a ratio chart? The second question is when will N7 be available for use? I have never programed a sofware before should I just cut and paste from the previous link? The final question is where do I input that data into Nija? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

If you never programmed before (it would be more involved than cut & paste the samples), I would recommend waiting on NinjaTrader 7 and then implement this as indicator to chart the spread as a lineplot then. This is a much discussed topic / expected use of our new MultiSeries concept for indicators, so I would expect also custom indicators offering this in our sharing / community quickly then.

NinjaTrader 7 is currently in beta and historically this development phase has lasted 2-3 months, which would put us into prodution around Jan 2010 - at this time we don't see this changing with our 7 release -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes