Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

2 simple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 simple questions

1. I use the following steps to start my stragedy.
    a). Get the new chart for a specific stock;
    b). Add the strategy to the chart by choosing the strategy, then click New (to add the strategy), and then click OK button. Then I can see the program is reloading the historical data. My questions for this issues are
    a). How can I make the program only add new historical data, and start real time streaming? Because IB has limit to request historical data, this will save a lot of requesting of historical data.
    b). How can I save the historical data in my own computer so that I can use it later without deleting it when I start my strategy each time?

2. I am working on 2 strategies at the same time. One of them is still under developement and none compilable. When I try to compile the other one, it is not allowed and reporting error of compling of the 1st none compliable one. Is this a bug or there is some kind of settings that allows me to get rid of this problem?

Thans! And Happy New Year!

atrader, a Happy New Year to you, too!

1. Downloaded data is saved to the local NT database, however NT will oftentimes request to download data still to ensure all is complete as possible - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

To get around getting in a 'limbo loading state', just download all data and do your backtesting in disconnected state then.

2. Expected, all files have to coding error free, as all scripts are compiled into one assembly file, different concept from other trading software languages, but higher performing then at runtime. Please comment out for example the script you're working on if don't won't to fully debug it, then recompile all with F5.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Bertrand! The strategy can not be used when there is no connection to a datasource. If using the simulated one, how I can make it stop data feeding?

Comment

atrader, you could backtest the strategy in the Strategy Analyzer even when you're not connected.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Bertrand!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM