Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

A Finding about SendMail, and questions too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Finding about SendMail, and questions too.

I just noticed that we do not have to use our own ISP to use the SendMail method. The mail sever will be Ninjatrader (default) if leaving the sever blank. What is the username and password if we use Ninjatrader as the mail server? Is the username and password we use to log in this forum? Thanks!

atrader,

Thank you for your forum post.

By default NinjaTrader has a built in mail server that is installed and attempts to send the message from your computer.This is essentially using your computer as the mail server to send the message. The only reason that you would need to modify these settings is if your were behind a firewall, or network that does not allow this. I am attaching an image of the default NinjaTrader mail settings.

Default settings are that username, password, and server are left blank and port is 25.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      atrader,

Thank you for your forum post.

By default NinjaTrader has a built in mail server that is installed and attempts to send the message from your computer.This is essentially using your computer as the mail server to send the message. The only reason that you would need to modify these settings is if your were behind a firewall, or network that does not allow this. I am attaching an image of the default NinjaTrader mail settings.

Default settings are that username, password, and server are left blank and port is 25.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

i use AVG anti-virus with windows firewall...do i have to modify default settings? i get error msgs when trying to send test emails

Comment

Hello mystiq,

Unfortunately there's no way for us to know your settings or if your mail service is compatible with NinjaTrader.

As an alternative, consider this thread where one of our users created a free yahoo Singapore account to send mail through.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post FrancisMorro  
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes