Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjascript to SQL file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript to SQL file

My attempt at connecting SQL to NT, its a bit slow on collecting data from SQL and plotting bars.

Any improvements please post

Thanks

Neil
    Attached Files

tinkerz, as the author of the "mysql database code sample" script that sends information the other way (from NT to a SQL DB), I would just like to say this is very appreciated and I'm sure some people will find it very useful. Thank you.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What is the difference between (Historical==false) (Historical==true) when executing each bar, the SQL code, which i know you dont support is very fast in real time, but very slow in historical mode.

I assumed that in historical==true, you call each bar once, but is something else loaded once realtime is enacted, it seems very odd for historical to be so slow, that there must be a different process going on.

Comment

tinkerz,

I am not sure what you mean exactly. Historical bars are processed once, that is correct. As far as other things for the bar, nothing else happens historically. Real-time depends on your CalculateOnBarClose setting. Remember that in real-time you are just doing one operation at a time as data comes in. In historical you have all the historical bars operations stacked up so it could take some time to go through and finish processing the whole queue.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks, is there a way then...

of entering all of the data into a dataseries in historical mode at the point where historical ends, or the bar before and realtime starts, so there is only one calculation before plotting, rather than ever bar importing and calculating

thanks

neil

Comment

tinkerz,

If I understood you correctly, no there is no way you can just tell it to not process bars. If the bars are there it will process it the first time you start up the indicator. What is available is if you don't want any historical calculations to filter it with "if (Historical) return;".
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes