Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compilation error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compilation error

Editing a custom indicator named 'MarketDeph', I save it as 'MarketDepthW1' then when compiling, I get this message : 'The type or namespace name 'MarketDepthW1' does not exist in the namespace 'NinjaTrader.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)'.
    Please, what can I do ?

Likely your installation is screwed up.
    - please make sure you are on latest NT6R3
    - just in case: you never should rename the NinjaScript files in Windows exporer, but only on the NinjaScript->Edit Indicator/Strategy box
    - please try renaming back and see if this resolves the issue.

Comment

1) I save back 'MarketDepthW1' indicator as 'MarketDepth'
      2) I compile it and get the same error message
      'The type or namespace name 'MarketDepthW1' does not exist in the namespace 'NinjaTrader.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)'.
      3) I delete 'MarketDepthW1' with NT Editor
      4) I edit and compile 'MarketDepth' --> compilation is Ok.

The problem remains that I no longer can rename 'OriginalName' indicator as 'NewName' indicator with NT Editor.
      So I launched NinjaTrader.Install choosing 'uninstall' then again choosing 'install'.
      1) I edit 'OriginalName' indicator and save as 'NewName'
      2) I compile it and get the same error message 'The type or namespace name 'NewName' does not exist...'
      3) I delete 'NewName' with NT Editor
      4) I edit and compile 'OriginalName' --> compilation is Ok.

So NT editor persists in preventing me from saving files under new names. What else can I do ? Re-installing NT from scratch ?

Comment

Are you on NT6R3?

Comment

Yes I am.
          By the way, here is how I incidentally got through my problem.
          First, I have to say that every 30 minutes (sometimes less) of running my favourite 7 windows and 4 custom indicators simultaneously, my laptop screen freezes and I loose any control over my PC; the only way to regain control is to shut it off and have the battery going flat.
          That happened yesterday when I was stranded with compilation problems.
          After having restarted my computer, I launched NT and, as it sometimes does, it did not show up the usual red logo but instead the 'Installing NinjaTrader' window which appeared to be processing an installation for 2 or 3 minutes but never asked for the license key.
          I guess, NT includes sort of check-out at starting up which has diagnosed that something was broken so that it went under some repairing.
          Eversince when editing a file I can save it under a new name again.
          Thanks NinjaTrader !

Comment

I had been using NT since it was solved a couple of hours ago then I had some rest. Tonight, as I start my laptop again and launch NT6, I am asked for the License Key that I type in. I find out that NT has been sort of re-installed for I have to create again my custom connexions and my former workspace has disappeared.
            I undertake to edit 'MarketDepth1' and save it under 'MarketDepth2'; when I compile I get a bunch of irrelevant compilation errors about variables that are not mentioned at all in my code !
            Still under NT Editor, I try to delete 'MarketDepth2' and get this message : " MarketDepth2 cannot be deleted. It is referenced by '.cs' ".

Very strange !

Comment

Ok, let's try to square out these different issues:
              - please hold off renaming your NinjaScript files for now. There is a bug which will be fixed with next update (available this or next week)
              - your installation appears to be screwed up. Please:
              * uninstall NT control panel
              * backup directory <my documents>/bin/Custom to save any NS custom file
              * manually remove directory <my documents>/bin/Custom
              * reinstall NT from here:

Please open up a different thread in case your experience further non-related problem (liek the lockup you mentioned below).

Thanks

Comment

Please, what do you exactly mean by 'Uninstall NT control panel' ? I can't see any such a choice among Control Panel menus.
                What I usually do is executing NinjaTrader.Install and then opting for uninstallation. Is this still correct ?

Thanks for your help and I apologize for not opening a different thread.
                Gerard

Comment

Sorry, should read: "uninstall NT via control panel"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Brevo
                  by Brevo