Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm

Hi ,
    I am using Tradestation's E-mail Interface to send Orders to my Broker via Ninja. Is it possible for me to create an indicator in Ninja script to get the Values such as Open Positions, Open Profit, Cash value, etc...so that if anything goes against my condition , I can play a sound to alert me....

Thanks,
    Mani.

Mani, for NT 6.5 this is unfortunately not possible, for NT 7 beta (public now) you could access some live account values from a NinjaScript strategy for monitoring (cash balance, realized PnL and buying power).

If you use the TS DLL interface, you could access such info also from TS and then issue alarms on this side of things for you -

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 04-07-2010, 08:43 AM.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
      Thanks for you reply... Just now downloaded Ninja 7.Excited... It looks pretty good.. Hope you people will keep up the good work...Let me try it out and get back to you if I have any..

Thanks once again...
      Mani.

Comment

Hi,
        I was looking into the DLL's function provided by the Ninja 7. I could see the Buying power, Cash Value, Realized PnL...However I couldn't find the unrealized PnL ..Where could I find the unrealizsed PnL ?

Thanks,
        Mani.

Comment

Mani, this is unfortunately not supported, only the three Account items I put in my previous post that Intellisense would also offer you for access.

Comment

Hi ,
            sorry for pointing out this.. In your previous post you have mentioned as open PnL which is what i need... Is that an Typo? or is that what you are refering as realized PnL.....? i think Open PnL means unRealized PnL..

Howerver I may be able to calculate the unrealized(Open) PnL using the AvgFilled Price and the Last Price..Let me try it..

Thanks,
            Mani

Comment

Apologies Mani, typo on my side here...corrected I was referring to the closed / realized PnL on the account level that is NS accessible.

Comment

Hi,
                That's fine.. Is it possible for us to find the strategy that generates the Order.I know this is not possible in Ninja 6.5 using Tradestation E-mail Interface... However is it possible in Ninja 7? Or is there any way I could differentiate the executed orders or the Working Orders as per the strategy name or workspace name(NinjaTrader1;, NinjaTrader2;etc). I am using more than one strategy in TS to send orders to Ninja from different Workspaces...Please Help me in this regard..

Thanks,
                Mani.

Comment

Hi Mani, sorry wouldn't be aware of a way to access and separate this info - you have more options if you track it in TS and issue needed strategy orders via the DLL interface, here you could assign optional strategy / order id's to the PLACE command and then track those further for your customized alarm.

Comment

Hi,
                    Thanks for all your help yesterday.
                    Today I tried downloading the Historical data from TS from 2002 to Till Date. However the data imported completely and I checked in the Histrical
                    Data Manager-->Edit Tab. It seems to be correct .But When I tried plotting into the chart i am missing the data from 08/12/2004 to 11/03/2010...

Could you please help me in solving this issue. I might be missing somthing..

Thanks,
                    Mani.

Comment

You're welcome Mani, which data internal / instruments did you try importing into NT7 from TS? Anything you spot in the log after import? So if you go through the Historical Data Manager all the years missing on the chart are shown correctly for the intervals imported?

Comment

Yes, I have tried exporting the data from Data manager and Checked the data..It seems to be correct. Do you want any thing that i can sent it to you to check what I am missing?

Regards,
                        mani

Comment

Sure, please direct logs and trace via Help > Mail to Support to me.

Have you tried loading a shorter interval or subset of the data?

Are you connected to any datafeed while attempting to load this data imported from TS?

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
                            yes, I was connected to External Feed yesterday, when i was importing the data To Ninja. Anyway I reimported the data once again by deleting the old data and the problem is fixed.Thanks for you help.

One more qestions to start using the Ninja script instead TS-Email Notification.
                            1) I have imported the data using the correct timpstamp. so that It plots as the exchange time. but when I connect to external feed for live data it takes the local time(IST) instead the exchange time. How can I get my real time datafeed in Exchange time.

Thanks,
                            mani.

Comment

Mani, great it's resolved - for changing the time you would need to change your local PC clock to the needed timezone as NT would take this as reference for the charts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post samish18  
                              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes