Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AtmStrategyCreate()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategies, tenthpip, and backup

1. If I launch an ATM and StopStrategy from chart trader can I disconnect, back-up, and restore to another machine, would NT7 continue the ATM automatically on the other machine when i restore to it and boot NT?
    2. Is there anyway when using tenthpip to make the superdom usable (meaning a 40.0 profit target I would have to scroll 400 clicks)?

Thanks guys
    Howie
    Last edited by ohowie; 05-24-2010, 12:11 AM. Reason: Title

Comment

1. Yes, if you create a Backup of your Database and transfer this file to other PC it will include your Stop Loss, Profit Target and Stop Strategy.

2. Instead of having to scroll to 400 you may erase the value in the box and type the value you would like used.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 05-24-2010, 10:17 AM.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Would you be so kind as to show me how Instead of having to scroll to 400 you may erase the value in the box and type the value you would like used. I'm afraid I can't find where to enter this "value"? Is value referring to price or ticks?

Thank you
        Howie

Comment

Yes, you can use this method within your Profit Target or Stop Loss parameter of your ATM Strategy. To delete the current value left mouse click on the right hand side of the current value then press the Backspace button on your keyboard to erase. Once the value has been erased you may then type your new value in for example 400.

Comment

I'm sorry but i do not follow. I'm sure its my explanation. Let me re-explain... Atm strategy executed from atm template. Order is active as well as stop loss and profit taget. Assuming I would like to turn off/on trainling stop loss or breakeven I am having trouble scrolling to the sl or tp because there are so many tenthpips. When you say click left of the number where on the superdom (not atm template) are you refering?

Thank you so much for the help here,
            Howie

Comment

Now I understand what you are referring to. To get your Profit Target or Stop Loss visible on the SuperDOM without having to scroll please use the steps I have provided below:
              • Right mouse click within your SuperDOM
              • Properties
              • Single Click Order Modification
              • Set to False
              • Click Ok
              • Now if you middle mouse click within the Price column above the current trading price this will bring your Profit Target into view
              • If you middle mouse click below the current trading price this will bring your Stop Loss into view

Please let me know if this does the trick.

Comment

It does not seem to be working. I get the window that allows you to add profit target, turn on off OCO, etc. I have NT7 and a wheel mouse so i tried pressing the wheel and also pressing left and right button simultaneously. No joy.

Comment

Please confirm you are pressing down on the Middle Mouse Button within the Price Column as referenced in the attached screen shot.

If this does not resolve the issue I would like to schedule a call with you for tomorrow to assist with resolving the issue by remotely logging into your PC.

If you would like to schedule a call for tomorrow please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.
                  In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
                  2.) The best phone number to reach you at
                  3.) A time that is acceptable after 8:00 AM EST
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 05-24-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the offer Chris. I may take you up on that. Just got back to do some programing... I am going to check the settings on the wheel mouse and see if i can define a "middle mouse button" to see if that is the problem. If so I will post resolution here or email you a phone # to help. THANK YOU!!!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred