Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sendmail content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sendmail content

Hello,

I have a strategy that when if fires, I want the body of the email to show me the levels of some of the indicators, I want to show the low of the current candle minus 10 pips, I want to show the current level of the EMA 50 and the current level of the ADX 14, Here is my line of code, but I get error messages when I try and import the script, can you tell me where I am going wrong with the code?

SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "EMA Storm LONG M5 " + Instrument.FullName + Time[0], (High[0] + 10*TickSize).ToString() + ": entry point", EMA(50).ToString() + ": EMA 50 level.", ADX(14).ToString() + ": ADX 14 level." );

Jim, you passed in too many arguments - SendMail() takes 4 (from, to, subject and body text). This below should compile -

Code:
    SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "EMA Storm LONG M5 " + Instrument.FullName + Time[0],  (High[0] + 10*TickSize).ToString() + ": entry point" + EMA(50).ToString() + ": EMA 50 level." + ADX(14).ToString() + ": ADX 14 level." );
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Results

Hi, Here is my line of code:

SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "EMA Storm LONG M5 " + Instrument.FullName + Time[0], (High[0] + 10*TickSize).ToString() + ": entry point." + EMA(50).ToString() + ": EMA 50 level." + ADX(14).ToString() + ": ADX 14 level.");

And here is the email result:

130.2: entry point.EMA(Close,50): EMA 50 level.ADX(14): ADX 14 level.

So it isn't showing me the actula values for the EMA 50 and the ADX 14? What am I missing?

Thanks,
      Jim

Comment

Sorry, please try the snippet below would it work better?

Code:
        SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "EMA Storm LONG M5 " + Instrument.FullName + Time[0],  (High[0] + 10*TickSize).ToString() + ": entry point" + EMA(50)[0].ToString() + ": EMA 50 level." + ADX(14)[0].ToString() + ": ADX 14 level." );
        You would need to access a double values of the respective series (EMA and ADX).
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

too many decimal places

Hello,

Almost there with the results, I added the code as per your last reply, but now I get the following: (too many decimal places)

0.6788: entry point...0.676264330268167: EMA 50 level...20.7701800939993: ADX 14 level.

Here is the code:

SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "EMA Storm SHORT M5 " + Instrument.FullName + Time[0], (Low[0] + -10*TickSize).ToString() + ": entry point..." + EMA(50)[0].ToString() + ": EMA 50 level..." + ADX(14)[0].ToString() + ": ADX 14 level.");

Do I need to add the *TickSize statement, and if so, exactly what should it say?

Thanks,
          Jim

Comment

Jim,

You can just format your number to a certain number of decimal places with your .ToString() method. Please see here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3823
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lorem
            by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            4 responses