Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cumulative Volume Indictor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cumulative Volume Indictor

Is there a way to make a Cumulative Volume Indictor..

This is how I would like it

When the bid Cumulative Volume is more than the offer Cumulative Volume I like the Indictor to show below -0 line

When the Offer Cumulative Volume is more than the Bid Cumulative Volume I like the Indictor to show above +0 line

PS
    I know you offer this already on the Dome, but its hard to follow. I am not a programmer,but would like to know if this is possible or anyone else reading this maybe of some help. I will show them how to trade it if it can be done

Thanks
    Momtic

Hello,

Yes, it is possible, but first check out these indicators and see if any do what you want:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by momtic View Post
      Is there a way to make a Cumulative Volume Indictor..

This is how I would like it

When the bid Cumulative Volume is more than the offer Cumulative Volume I like the Indictor to show below -0 line

When the Offer Cumulative Volume is more than the Bid Cumulative Volume I like the Indictor to show above +0 line

PS
      I know you offer this already on the Dome, but its hard to follow. I am not a programmer,but would like to know if this is possible or anyone else reading this maybe of some help. I will show them how to trade it if it can be done

Thanks
      Momtic
      Hi

I looked at the Volume indicators, but I would rather have a Cumulative Volume based off the Dome Cumulative Volume. Could you tell me, how do I get started to program this indictor in the ninja trader?

Thanks

momtic

Comment

You would need to create the cumulative sums first of both sides and then run your comparisons - you can take a look at this sample to get started working with the needed OnMarketDepth() method for Level2 data -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did you get any further with this momtic?? I am too after something similar to this, I just want to see the total trades @ the bid and total trades @ the ask for the day, like a counter somewhere, adding it all up as the day pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper View Post
            Did you get any further with this momtic?? I am too after something similar to this, I just want to see the total trades @ the bid and total trades @ the ask for the day, like a counter somewhere, adding it all up as the day pans out.
            I cant figure how to program it...But with what you want, look under indicators Click on "BySellVolume"...This should help you. It plots a histogram splitting volume between trades at the ask and bid.....

I want something different, I am looking to make a live indicator out of the Cumulative Volume, based off the Dome.......If anyone can help, Please let me know thanks
            Last edited by momtic; 06-06-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Yeah I have that already but I don't really want a histogram style, plus that would do it for each candle, I'm after just a text plot on my chart that plots the bid and ask throughout the day.

Something like this on my chart " Bid: XXXX Ask: XXXX"

Same, if anyone knows how to do this, please let me know, thanks!

Comment

Anyone got any idea on this? Surely it can be done, just a simple sum of the total trades @ bid and total trades @ ask and have it written on my chart?

Comment

No one knows how to do this?

What about something else then, thats if it is possible.

Is it possible to turn the T&S into a horizontal "tape" but just with colours. So if you look at the T&S when the market is trading, but tip your head to the side, so the T&S is horizontal, you can see how it changes, blocks of red(bid) and blocks of green as the tape is speeding past, is there any way to visualize this onto a chart, so its a horizontal tape going along the bottom of the chart, doesn't have to be any numbers or anything, just the colour, so it turns green when an offer goes through, and stays green if its still offers, turns red when it goes bid and keeps red if it staying bid etc. Just like looking at the T&S on the side, but I want to grab the colour and put that on a chart, like the chart I have attached, this isn't real, I made it up in photoshop to illustrate what I mean. So that "Tape" would be streaming past all the time, changing colours like the T&S does, accelerates and slows down etc.

Please, can this be done? Would be great if so, if it CAN and no one wants to give it a go, then please let me know what to study or bits of code I need to use to make it.

Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Christopher_R  
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  166 responses