Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Deleting custom indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting custom indicators

I have 4 custom indicators with programming errors that I am unable to correct and that I want to get rid of.
    As I do Control Center>Tools>Edit NinjaScript>Indicator...>Delete, I get this message : "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can delete a NinjaScript file".

How can I be getting through ? Do I have to reinstall NT ?

Please check out latest custom build:
    - uninstall NT6 via control panel
    - clear your browser cache
    - install custom build from here: https://www.ninjatrader-support.com/...er.Install.msi

Please let us know if problem persist. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Please check out latest custom build:
      - uninstall NT6 via control panel
      - clear your browser cache
      - install custom build from here: www.ninjatrader-support.com/ninjatrader/nt6/NinjaTrader.Install.msi

Please let us know if problem persist. Thanks
      I have the same problem. Now, all the indicators I tried, NT's and mine, come up with the same error when I compile.

Do I follow your suggestions above?

Comment

First see what the compile errors are. Open any indicator, press F5 in the editor, a list of errors and associated files will be listed in the bottom of the editor. Double click on any error to take you to it.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see what's happening.

I coded one indicator badly; I want to delete it. I don't want to debug it. So I ignore the bad indicator, write another one, but find I can't compile the new one either. The compiler simply reverts to the bad indicator and try to recompile that. Maybe it did compile the other indicator successfully, but I don't get any message about that.

Is that how NT is suppose to behave? If so would you have any suggestion as to the quickest way to get this bad indicator to compile cleanly, so that I can delete it?

Comment

Can you try deleting the problem indicator to see if it will delete?

Comment

problem deleting a custom indicator

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              Can you try deleting the problem indicator to see if it will delete?
              I've tried that - several times already. NT wants me to resolve the errors first before deleting it.

Comment

Open up the indicator, compile it, it will generate a list of errors, double click on the errors to bring up the problem file and resolve these errors. You can comment out areas of problem in the code and try to compile.

In next NT6 version, we will address this issue where a file can not be deleted if there are compile errors.

Comment

Deleting Custom Indicators

I am also having problems deleting Custom Indicators. This is one of the errors I'm getting:

Description:
                  The namespace 'NinjaTrader.Indicator' already contains a definition for 'CCI'

File
                  Indicator\@CCI.cs

Line

Column

Other errors include EME, LinReg, SMA and SUM.

Your instructions for handling these errors is to 'comment out' the error. Please send instructions how to do that since I cannot find it in the Help Files.

Any help will be appreciated,

Comment

Please make sure you are 6.0.1000.5. You then should be able to delete erroneous indicators.

Comment

Deleting Custom Indicators

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                      Please make sure you are 6.0.1000.5. You then should be able to delete erroneous indicators.
                      Yes, I am using 6.0.1000.5, as suggested in your reply.

I ununstalled NT6 via control panel, cleared browser cache, and installed custom build from: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/n ... etc.

Still unable to delete error after compiling.

How do I 'comment out the errors' as suggested in one of your previous replies. I can't find out how to do that from 'Help'

Please send instructions about how to 'comment out the errors'

Comment

a) To double check: You are unable to delete a custom indicator of your, meaning the deletion process is aborted by an error message. If that is the case, then please PM me your zipped <my documents>/NinjaTrader6/bin/Custom folder to dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com. I would want to take a look why that is.
                        b) To uncomment erroneous code in your custom indicator: click on the error message in the error, the cursor will be put at the erroneous code line, mark the complete line and the press CTRL-K-C or add "//" in front of the line. The code line then should be marked in green.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post zstheorist  
                        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                        8 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post rehmans