Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Various Exits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various Exits

Hello,

I´m want to make in my strategy-coding for a position with quantity = 2 with 2 different exits. Exits depend from different stop-losses ("scale out"). Sounds easy, but I can´t find the correct coding for this as with stoploss total quantity is exit. (I mean to code this in the Strategy Analyzer, of course in the ATM-Dom it works fine!)

I tried already to enter maybe 1 position in condition set 1 and another position in condition set 2, each with a specific signal-name and to refer with my stop-losses to the concerning position. But it doesn´t work - to my surprise I have however only one 1 entry with one signal-name in my charts.

Thanks in advance for any help how to do for exit not total quantity of a positione but always 1 contract, depending from different stoplosses.

Best regards
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 06-14-2010, 12:49 AM.

Hi Tony, please set EntriesPerDirection to a higher value or work with the EntryHandling set to 'Unique Entries' - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3225

This should allow the scale in / out logic to work as expected then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you!

Bertrand,

thank you for your reply. Great software - great support!

Best
      Tony

Comment

Bertrand,

thank you for your reply. But the exit with different conditions is not what I mean.

I asked for exits with different stoplosses (same as in the ATM with DOM) for eg 3 contracts that have been entered at the same time. How can I code eg

a.)
        when 9 ticks in profit with 1st contract then move stoploss to breakeven
        when 15 ticks in profit with 2nd then move stoploss to 5 ticks below/above price

b.)
        when 20 ticks in profit with 3rd then move TRAILstop to 3 ticks below/above price

Thanks.
        Tony
        Last edited by tonynt; 06-14-2010, 05:29 AM. Reason: Typing error

Comment

Tony, for this you would need to scale in with your entries to be able to scale out then later with your exits as well -

To create the trailing in your stoplosses, please see this sample here -

As an alternative you can call ATM's directly for exit mangement, however this will not allow for any backtesting then -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y  
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes