Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Kase Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kase Bars

I just saw a presentation on Kase bars which are available in TradeStation. Since the formula for the bars was given in the presentation, I assume you could make them available for NinjaTrader.

Since the length of the bars is based on Average True Range, it appeared to me that they would be smoother than simple range bars.

Here is the formula for Kase Bars:

True Range = maximum of

* High minus the low
    * High minus the previous low
    * Previous close minus low

Hello,

I will send your suggestion to our development team for consideration. Thanks!
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kase Bars

I too support the request to provide Kase Bars on the NT platform.

I notice that the Kase indicators are now available for NT but not the Bars.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ojwright View Post
        I just saw a presentation on Kase bars which are available in TradeStation. Since the formula for the bars was given in the presentation, I assume you could make them available for NinjaTrader.

Since the length of the bars is based on Average True Range, it appeared to me that they would be smoother than simple range bars.

Here is the formula for Kase Bars:

True Range = maximum of

* High minus the low
        * High minus the previous low
        * Previous close minus low

----------
        Last edited by Dan_Kase; 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I too would be very satisfied to see Kase Bars exist on NinjaTrader.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I admit, that would be just great

Comment

I've seen and used Kase Bars and see no/little difference between Kase and regular range bars. Yes, the ATR stays constant but the bars are still the same as range bars. It seems like it's just a gimmick like most of what's floating around out there.

P.S. If you want the Kase Bar add-on for NT7, Big Mike's Day Trading Forum has it in the elite download section.

Comment

I was reading Cynthia's book awhile back and that is not what I recall about how the bars are constructed. The formula for how they were used in relation to ATR escapes me but I do remember that the way the range bars themselves were constructed were different to how NT produces them.

NT makes bars based on the specified number of ticks. Then the new bar starts only when this specified range is EXCEEDED.

Kase says to make the bars based on the specified number of ticks, then create a new bar when the current bar is range is COMPLETED. This means that many more bars should be created as a new bar is started immediately after the final tick completes the current bar regardless of whether the next tick is above or below the prior. I would think this would provide much more granularity of the order flow - which I believe is the whole point of range bars.

I'd like to see NT at least provide an option for range bars that start new bars when range completed or range exceeded.

G&M

Comment

Hello gunsnmoney,

Thank you for offering a good description on a possible range bar implementation. I will forward your suggestion to our development team.
                  Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                    Hello gunsnmoney,

Thank you for offering a good description on a possible range bar implementation. I will forward your suggestion to our development team.
                    Hello Ryan M,

I do not see Kase Bars as an option in NT7 ( Data Series-->Period-->Type) . Was this functionality developed?

Thanks

Mandeep

Comment

Hi Mandeep, so far unfortunately not, but it's on our list for future consideration still at this point in time.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did this request fall off the DEV list due to licensing problems, etc? Given "the new normal" we're in, it seems Kase Bars would have some efficacy, especially with order flow.

Comment

thuff, I did not fell out of our lists, still tracked actively as noted previously (id 249). However, my understanding is as well licensing considerations would need to be given thought.
                          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

... thanks; when they are available on platforms that offer FREE trials, I'm not sure Kase can make much of an issue... but, that's for Legal

You could use a Hilbert Transform to determine the interval, call them THUFF Bars. I give you FULL permission to distribute

Comment

No Kase Bars in NinjaTrader?... Trying to find an alternate to TradeStation but need Kase Bars.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Stanfillirenfro  
                              Started by navyguy06, Today, 09:28 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby