Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error with external reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error with external reference

I'm getting the following error in my trace file, and it's causing Ninja to need to shutdown.

2010-07-09 02:19:50:682 ERROR: Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for strategy 'FeederProduction2': The type initializer for 'DataTrans.UI' threw an exception.
    2010-07-09 02:19:50:697 FeederProduction2 started:FeederProduction2()
    2010-07-09 02:19:52:070 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
    2010-07-09 02:19:52:117 ********* exception trapped *********
    2010-07-09 02:19:52:117 The type initializer for 'DataTrans.UI' threw an exception.
    2010-07-09 02:19:52:117 System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'DataTrans.UI' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    at DataTrans.UI..cctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at DataTrans.UI.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
    at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize()
    I have added a reference to System.Data.dll and it works on one machine but not the other. The System.Data.dll file is located in My Documents/NinjaTrader 6.5/bin/Custom same as on the other machine.

Could it be a .NET version issue? Or am I totally wrong and this is something not to do with the reference.

I realize this probably isn't supported, so I'd really just like to know if I'm on the right track. Am I reading the trace file correctly?

Thanks,
    Zach

Zach, not sure why you would put this in the custom folder of NT, the regular reference to the .NET location of this DLL should work.

From the error it looks to me like a .NET version issue, since this is 4.0 - would the other PC have the same .NET running or is it perhaps on 3.5 SP1?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Brevo
    by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
    0 responses