Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Breakout Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakout Strategy

Hello,

Sorry but i am a newbie and am having issues trying to figure out how to do a simple breakout stratgy to back test. I am wanting to take the first 30 min bar range and do a buy at the top of the break and a sell at the bottom of the break. Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to acchomplish this. Thanks in advance for your help

PGK

Welcome to our forums - please take a look at this reference sample here for this task - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3223
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertand,

I have tried that but it seems that i cannot edit the strategy in the wizard. When i try and edit it it only gives me the script code which i do not know how to edit. Are there any instructions on how i can do this by using the wizard? I think that would help me. My real issue is inputting the variables in the wizard etc. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Correct, this sample would involve the 'raw' NinjaScript custom code.

In the wizard you can start by setting up a time condition to save the needed bar high and low to a variable so you can later (in another condition set) place trades based on this being crossed by price.

Comment

Thanks Bertand,

What would i put as my input values under the "user defined inputs" in the wizard. ?

Comment

You would for example create inputs here that you could change / set on the fly later as you work with the strategy, for example you don't want to use a static, hard stop of 8 ticks all the time - thus create a user defined input for the stop value in ticks and then link this input to your stop value later in the wizard, thus offering the option to change it quickly later when you start your strategy for trading - you would also need those inputs to for example optimize the values with our optimizer in the Strategy Analyzer section of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes