Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charting the EOD Settlement Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting the EOD Settlement Price

I am wondering if someone can help me with a setting up a chart. I am using NT7 and would like to have the ability to imput the End of Day futures "Settlement" price (unless NT7 can do it automatically) in order to plot this number as an axis line. Then, from the EOD number I would like to add plus subtract 5 & 10 and have colored dotted axis lines representing these numbers. I'm hoping someone can help me, or point me in the right direction in the forum.
    Thank you.

Did you ever get a response or find a solution?

Comment

Hello,

The best option would be a custom developed indicator that can do this, however, I haven't seen one that really does this.

Is there an example of how this is charted and possibly done?
      Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by DTdr2 View Post
        I am wondering if someone can help me with a setting up a chart. I am using NT7 and would like to have the ability to imput the End of Day futures "Settlement" price (unless NT7 can do it automatically) in order to plot this number as an axis line. Then, from the EOD number I would like to add plus subtract 5 & 10 and have colored dotted axis lines representing these numbers. I'm hoping someone can help me, or point me in the right direction in the forum.
        Thank you.
        The SessionPivots V42 indicator has the option to plot yesterday's settlement price. The settlement price is further used to calculate floor pivots or Globex pivots.

To display the settlement price, please set the parameter "Settlement/Close" to "DailyClose" (default setting) and use a datafeed (for example Kinetick or DTN/IQ) which comes with the daily settlement price in lieu of the close.

The indicator can be downloaded here:

Attached is a chart for CL with floor pivots (calculated from regular high, regular low and settlement) displayed on an ETH chart. To display RTH pivots a specific session template is needed, see template attached.

Do not hesitate to come back, if you have further questions.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very helpful - thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM