Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Property always return false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property always return false

Good morning,

I add a property to my strategy but it always return false even if I write "return true"

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][Browsable([/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]false[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][XmlIgnore()][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]public[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]bool[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] IsRising[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]{[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]    get[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]return [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]true[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]; }[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]}[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Any idea why?

Regards,
    Steven
    Last edited by SMuhr; 08-27-2010, 05:09 AM.

You have hardcoded it with this snippet, try for example something like this -

Code:

[Description("My Bool")]
    [GridCategory("Parameters")]
    publicbool MySwitch
    {
    get { return mySwitch; }
    set { mySwitch = value; }
    }
    In your variables:

Code:
    private bool mySwitch = true;
    This will then start with a true default if the indicator is loaded.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In fact, it should no be a parameter.
      Just a property form the strategy class.

I hardcoded it to true to see if the property isRising return true.
      But it does not

Comment

How would you eactly access it then to determine it's false?

Comment

In my code it is like this :

Code:
          private bool isRising = false;

//Some code set isRising to true & sometimes to false

[FONT=Courier New][Browsable([SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]false[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][SIZE=2])] [/SIZE]
          [SIZE=2][XmlIgnore()][/SIZE]
          [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]public[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]bool[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] IsRising[/SIZE]
          [SIZE=2]{[/SIZE]
          [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]    get[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] { [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]return [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]isRising[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]; }[/SIZE]
          [SIZE=2]}[/SIZE]
          [/FONT][/SIZE]
          But it always return false.
          Si I hardoced the return value of IsRising to true but it still return false

thx
          Last edited by SMuhr; 08-27-2010, 06:48 AM.

Comment

SMuhr, in your last example you set isRising to false and then the public property IsRising to this value, so for sure it returns false then - are you sure the code attempting to change it is triggering at all?

Comment

the value isRising is set to True during the call of the method OnBarUpdated().
              Evenf if I hardcoded the property IsRising to return true and acces it trougth the getter, I get False. (I have check with Visual Studio and breakpoint)

Comment

Ok, thanks for testing in VS - can you please attach the script(s) you used so I can look into here?

Comment

Unfortunatly I cannot.
                  I wil find a work arround thanks Bertrabd

Comment

Ok - if you look for historical data for this, you would need to expose a BoolSeries like shown here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991

Hopefullly this helps you getting in the right direction.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post rdtdale
                    by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM