Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

trigger MarketDataEvent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trigger MarketDataEvent

I need to trigger from my code the MarketDataEvent or call the OnMarketData method. Can anyone tell me how to trigger the event or what are the meanings of the parameters in the constructor of MarketDataEventArgs?

Thanks

Hello,

The OnMarketData is triggered when data is recieved from the data feed provider. Any code placed in OnMarketData() { } will then run.

If this is not what you need can you please clarify what it is your trying to do so that I may further assist.

Comment

yes, I know, and I use it for that, but in other situations I need to do some things that I also do in OnMarketData, that´s why I was wondering if I can call this method from my own code and in one sentence differenciate if is a call because of a MarketData event or a call from my own code and that will allow me to reuse some code.

Comment

Hello,

I do not believe this is supported. However I will have my product manager review this ticket to double check this.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

You will not be able to trigger such an event. If you have parts of your code in OnMarketData() that you want to use elsewhere too instead of putting it in OnMarketData() you should put it in its own method. Then in OnMarketData() you can call that method. This will also allow you to call this method when you are not in OnMarketData() and from other locations as well.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

but, for example if I call OnmarketData from one of my methods like this

Code:
            [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
            MarketDataEventArgs e=[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]new[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] MarketDataEventArgs([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]this[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].MarketData,[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]null[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2],[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]""[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2],MarketDataType.Last,-[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2],[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2],DateTime.Now);
            OnMarketData([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]this[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2],e);[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
            and inside OnMarketData I do this:

if e.Price>=0 //do what I have to do for MarketDataEvent
            else //call from my code

Will that work or I´ll have any problem?

Comment

No, that is not supported.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

This may or may not work and is unfortunately not supported. You would have to test this on your end to see what is possible.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I proved it and so far it seems to work

If I have any problem I'll let you know

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator