Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

orders based on bar close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orders based on bar close

Hi,

Is it possible to create a 'button' or 'toggle' that'll automatically put in a limit order to buy/sell on the close of the current bar?

Right now, I have to do this manually (wait for the bar to complete, find out the close, and place in the limit order) - and frustratingly miss entries because of it.

Thanks.

-Nick

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaScript strategies are designed to be fully automated systems but you may be able to custom program a solution that offers this functionality.

NinjaScript strategies can be set with public bool inputs, so you could have order submission tied to when this bool variable == true. Conditions can be set so they are evaluated on bar close (CalculateOnBarClose = true).

The process for turning on a bool to true is right clicking on your chart > Strategies > Select running strategy > Set bool property to true.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How would I toggle this strat on/off for just that particular bar i.e. would I be able to create a new button on the DOM?

My entry signal unfortunately is beyond my programming skills to automate, so its something I'll have to manually toggle for a particular bar (example, signal is generated on the 3rd minute of a 5 minute bar, so I hit the button to automatically place a limit order on whatever the close of the bar is 2 minutes later).

Comment

Hello Nicbizz,

Adding buttons is unfortunately beyond supported NinjaScript.

Working within supported NinjaScript, you can set bools to true / false in the strategy properties. You define actions to take (your limit orders) when this is true.

Please see here for help getting started programming NinjaScript automated strategies.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes