Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi Time frame question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Time frame question

Scenario:
    If you have 2 time frames (the base chart and 1 added time frame). Two instruments but same time frame.

Question:
    In what sequence do they fire?

If you use "Highs" and "Lows" what values are available from the other time frame when processing the second time frame. In other words do I save what I need from time frame [0] to use it when processing time frame [1].

They would fire in the order they were added, so primary first, then secondary and so on - the general concept if showcased here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

You can access all the values from all added series at anytime / BarsInProgress -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have another question being linked to multiple time frames:

1.) What about adding a plotted Indicator to a strategy using secondary time frame!
      Is it possible to do add an indicator plotted to a strategy using not the primary, but a secondary time frame? I found that its not allowed using BarsArray in initialize.

2.) (Off-Topic). Do you guys ever answer private messages/ questions being sent to you via this board?

Comment

Surely the first one to receive a tick which closes the bar would fire first?

Comment

Originally posted by dave1992 View Post
          Surely the first one to receive a tick which closes the bar would fire first?
          Correct if different instruments are used, for the same the primary would update first as the tick got in.

Comment

Originally posted by CSharpCoder View Post
            I have another question being linked to multiple time frames:

1.) What about adding a plotted Indicator to a strategy using secondary time frame!
            Is it possible to do add an indicator plotted to a strategy using not the primary, but a secondary time frame? I found that its not allowed using BarsArray in initialize.

2.) (Off-Topic). Do you guys ever answer private messages/ questions being sent to you via this board?
            PM's are answered on a discretionary basis as time would permit - for support request the forums or our support email is the quickest way to get a reply in general.

Correct BarsArray would not be supported in Initialize() - you could plot higher time frame indicator with the Strategy Plot samples though.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Correct if different instruments are used, for the same the primary would update first as the tick got in.
              same instruments wasn't his question!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post zstheorist  
              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes