• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dionysus New Year Present – Ninja & Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Branpo,

Thank you for your patience.

It looks like your issues stem from the fact that your indicator doesn't assign the plot values in OnBarUpdate() by reading an individual value from the .csv and assigning that value to Value[0] but instead loops through the CSV in your SetPlotTK() method and assigns the values there after the fact.

The upshot of this is that your strategy would be processing data which does not have plot value set. For example, your strategy processes historical bars 1-200, then indicator sets plot values for past bars. Since the strategy already processed those bars, it would not see the plot value and would not be included in its calculations.

You'd need to modify the indicator to read the values from the CSV one at a time and assign them to Value[0] in OnBarUpdate in order for the strategy to be able to access those values properly.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a way to grab executions as they happen throughout the day and use the BigMikeExcel solution to write the executions to an excel file?

I am aware of the ability to export executions by right-clicking the executions grid and clicking export but I would like to automate an excel spreadsheet with executions. Currently, the BigMikeExcel indicator seems like the best solution to achieve this but I am not an avid programmer.

Thank you in advance for any help related to this matter!

Comment

Hello Triggertrader,

Thank you for your post.

You'd need to subscribe to the account updates, grab execution updates as they come in, and then write the execution information to a file. Here's a link to our help guide on the Account object that has good examples of how to subscribe to Execution updates:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ount_class.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
          Hello Branpo,

Thank you for your patience.

It looks like your issues stem from the fact that your indicator doesn't assign the plot values in OnBarUpdate() by reading an individual value from the .csv and assigning that value to Value[0] but instead loops through the CSV in your SetPlotTK() method and assigns the values there after the fact.

The upshot of this is that your strategy would be processing data which does not have plot value set. For example, your strategy processes historical bars 1-200, then indicator sets plot values for past bars. Since the strategy already processed those bars, it would not see the plot value and would not be included in its calculations.

You'd need to modify the indicator to read the values from the CSV one at a time and assign them to Value[0] in OnBarUpdate in order for the strategy to be able to access those values properly.

Thank you for your Time to find the error in my script.
          Is it possible that you assist me with changing the algo to update the algo?
          Maybe you can tell me some "framework" to start with? I really dont think i can manage it by myself. I stupid thing is i built several indicators in that way without checking them in the Strategy section i was assuming if they are displayed correctly they'll work in the strategies too.
          Thank you very much!
          Last edited by Branpo; 11-02-2019, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Hello Branpo,

Thank you for your note.

Just to be clear, in platform support, we do not create/write strategies, we do not provide debugging services. We also cannot provide programming education services. If you would like the strategy created or edited for you, we can provide references to 3rd party programmers who could meet your needs.

However, I'd encourage you to take a look at the SampleStreamReader example here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_read_fro.htm

You could modify your logic to do the reading from the file and assign the resulting value of BW to the plot in on bar update instead of in a separate method like this shows here, where it matches the date to the bar information and then prints the appropriate values.

Comment

Hello Kate,

thank you very much for your help.
              just in case im not able to do it in my own can you provide me with a link to some third party programmers?
              and can u give me an estimation what a fair price for an indicator like that would be?

thanks again

Comment

Hello,

This is Patrick from the NinjaTrader Business Development team responding on behalf of my colleague.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
                You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                Patrick H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rontronimous, Today, 05:55 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rontronimous  
                Started by bcgeek, Today, 03:43 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes