Dionysus New Year Present – Ninja & Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, vlaladim.

perhaps I can help you. But, first of all, I’d to know which are are you looking for, and what kind of sw has you develop.
    you can contact me in this email: [email protected]

Best Regards

Comment

Hey guys,
      I'm a newbie to Ninja Trader and programming (basically I don't have any expierence in programming and I did not understand very much from all the posts before). Maybe you guys can help me with that and hopefully there is already an existing answer to that.

So here's what I'm looking for:
      I need a solution to export these facts from a chart: Open, High, Low, Close, Date, Time, (Volume Data would be nice to have, but that's not a must). Therefore the BigMikeSolution looked great to me.

That's what I did:
      1. So I downloaded the file here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...wnload/excel8/
      2. Afterwards I went to the controlcenter and imported the script via tools-import-ninjascript...
      3. Next step was, that I opened a new chart. I went to indicators on that chart and selected BigMikeExcel and applied it to the chart (see screenshot attached).
      What do I need to do next? How do I get an Excel file with the data I'm looking for? Does anyone know what I'm missing and how I can get the data easily?

I hope someone can help me on this - I'd really appreciate it

Cheers!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello barcelinho,

Thank you for your post.

The tricky thing with that particular add-on is that it doesn't automatically create an Excel file for you. You have to have a blank workbook created somewhere on your PC, and the ExcelFile input needs to have the correct path to that file so it can open it and write to it before the indicator is applied to the chart.

By default it looks for a file called DTTest.xlsx in your C:\ drive:

C:\DTTest.xlsx

If there's not an Excel file there by that name, or you haven't created a file named something else and filled that field in the Indicator settings with its file path on your PC, it won't do anything.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Kate
          thank you so much for your fast reply. It worked perfectly after I created the file.

Just one more thing I want to add for anyone who will read this in the future. You also need to rename the ExcelSheetName to the one which is mentioned in the indicator settings - otherwise it wont work (thats probably only important if your selected language is not english ).

Cheers
          Michael

Comment

I just imported this today. I am doing event-based backtesting in python and I need to export volume bars as opposed to time series bars. The addon works nicely but will only spit out 200 bars. I need LOTS of data. Is there a way to export a larger sample size? Thanks for any help with this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Yesterday, 08:06 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_EricB  
            Started by fscabrera03, Yesterday, 07:27 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post tradecombine