Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dionysus New Year Present – Ninja & Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem... please any help...

Originally posted by Tatiana View Post
    Hi, in Microsoft Office 2010 Primary Interop Assemblie there is no Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll. So how I can connect ninja to excel?
    (and in my machine it doesn't let me install 2007 Interop Assemblie, because I have microsoft office 2010).
    Thank you in advance for any help.

any help with this??

Comment

any help

hi,
      In the past I was able to do what this "thread" speaks of: Get an "Excel" sheet to open and take the values from NT. Thank you all contributors especially Dionysustoast-- shucks you introduced it to us!!

I have in the past with the help of this thread been able to make work for bringing "data" from Nt to an Excel spsht.
      What I would like to be able to do is now is kind of the opposite
      Take values from Excel and plot them on a chart as a horizontal line with a label.
      I am not a programmer and have no clue(so obviously to me it seems simple-LOL)
      If anyone has been successful at this or is able to create what is needed, that would be cool?
      Have looked around found few things but they require "copying" and "pasting" to another window.
      Great, but I am looking/wanting, something that is able to "take" the values from "cells" out of "excel" and plot them on the chart.
      Thanks in advance

Seems might be some confusion so adding this-- in my/laymans terms:
      I want to be able to have an Excel spreadsheet and tell Ninjatrader to take the values from "cell"A,B,C,D,etc
      and then plot them on a Ninjatrader chart as a horizontal line.
      big plus would be the option to attach a label to the plotted line.
      Last edited by newbie0101; 09-03-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

You can make a simple chart in Excel with the data.

I did it in open office scalc.

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
        hi,
        In the past I was able to do what this "thread" speaks of: Get an "Excel" sheet to open and take the values from NT. Thank you all contributors especially Dionysustoast-- shucks you introduced it to us!!

I have in the past with the help of this thread been able to make work for bringing "data" from Nt to an Excel spsht.
        What I would like to be able to do is now is kind of the opposite
        Take values from Excel and plot them on a chart as a horizontal line with a label.
        I am not a programmer and have no clue(so obviously to me it seems simple-LOL)
        If anyone has been successful at this or is able to create what is needed, that would be cool?
        Have looked around found few things but they require "copying" and "pasting" to another window.
        Great, but I am looking/wanting, something that is able to "take" the values from "cells" out of "excel" and plot them on the chart.
        Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          You can make a simple chart in Excel with the data.

I did it in open office scalc.
          Hi sledge thanks for the response- no offense but think you misread my post
          as it did not mention anything about creating a chart in "Excel"?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
            hi,

Thanks in advance
            Not exactly taking values from cells, but I'm sure this might be a step in the direction you want to go:

Comment

I'm coming to this thread a bit late to be asking for help but I can only try!

I have a Windows 7 computer and I am using Office 2007

I have read and reread the instructions and implemented the following actions
              I copied both:
              Microsoft.vbe.interop.dll
              microsoft.office.interop.excel.dll
              to \NinjaTrader 7\Custom

I added reference to them in the NinjaScript editor as described

I downloaded BigMikeExcel.zip and Imported into the Indicators

Opened a chart and uploaded BigMikeExcel
              I brought up the indicator properties and changed the "Excel file name" to C:\users\user_name\file_name
              I had placed a blank excel spreadsheet in C:\users\user_name\ of the same file_name

WHen I bring up a chart with BigMikeExcel on it I don't get anything other than a chart of the instrument (i used ES for this with live zenfire data). The indicator BigMikeExcel comes up as a blank pane under the chart. But no Excel spreadsheet is opened nor is data transferred to the spreadsheet.
              I don't get any error messages

Is there something i need to do to prepare Excel so that it can be opened by NT and data transferred to it? Has anyone any idea what I have missed out?

Any help would be much appreciated
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rosphite1 View Post
                I'm coming to this thread a bit late to be asking for help but I can only try!

I have a Windows 7 computer and I am using Office 2007

I have read and reread the instructions and implemented the following actions
                I copied both:
                Microsoft.vbe.interop.dll
                to \NinjaTrader 7\Custom

I added reference to them in the NinjaScript editor as described

I downloaded BigMikeExcel.zip and Imported into the Indicators

Opened a chart and uploaded BigMikeExcel
                I brought up the indicator properties and changed the "Excel file name" to C:\users\user_name\file_name
                I had placed a blank excel spreadsheet in C:\users\user_name\ of the same file_name

WHen I bring up a chart with BigMikeExcel on it I don't get anything other than a chart of the instrument (i used ES for this with live zenfire data). The indicator BigMikeExcel comes up as a blank pane under the chart. But no Excel spreadsheet is opened nor is data transferred to the spreadsheet.
                I don't get any error messages

Is there something i need to do to prepare Excel so that it can be opened by NT and data transferred to it? Has anyone any idea what I have missed out?

Any help would be much appreciated
                Thanks
                Welcome to the forums here, so nothing in the NT log tab for you? Did you have the file name with the xls ending for Excel 2007? After you've added the reference and added the file to bin > custom, did you restart NT7 then fresh so the DLL would be loaded up?
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by efeuvejota01 View Post
                  any help with this??
                  It's a bit hard to find from the MS install as it's a redistribution package targeted at developers. I run 2010 here as well and have attached the needed DLL for you, just copy to Documents > NinjaTrader7 > bin > custom and add as reference and restart NT then so it can be loaded up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the response(s) Bertrand

1st I'm sending a picture of the Log file from starting the computer today (i.e. as it was when I emailed you) - I note: it throws up errors

I changed directory to "C:\users\damo\" and placed DTTest.xls in there; to see if that would help (damo is my username). It still threw up the same errors

2nd - I deleted the 2 microsoft .dll files from the \bin\Custom folder i.e.
                    microsoft.vbe.interop.dll
                    I also deleted them from "References" in the Ninja Trader editor

3rd I downloaded and unzipped and copied your:
                    Microsoft.office.interop.Excel.dll
                    into \bin\Custom\
                    Added this to the References in the Ninja Trader editor

4th Shut down NT7 and restarted -
                    Brought up a new; ES 12-13; chart
                    Applied the BigMikeExcel indicator onto the chart

RESULT: same problem same error in the Log file - see attached

Any thoughts?

Thanks again

Comment

Looks really just like a file issue, so dll's / references ok. Just try the file in C: main please for now for a test. If it's Excel 2010 doublecheck the format used, I had to use xlsx in my setup, but worked nonetheless.

Comment

Thanks Bertrand
                        I got it working. Basically you were correct about the files extensions.

I am using MS Excel 2007

In the indicator I use "C:\users\damo\documents\DTTest.xlsx" for thr Excel File Name

But when I create the document in Excel I need to just save it as "DTTest"
                        The ".xlsx" bit sorts itself out!

Now I just need to figure out how to extend the output from 200 to 480 rows ........ (hence, I gusess I'll be back here !)

Thanks again

Comment

Can you direct me to a step-by-step guide on how to change indicator code

I go into editor and change 201 to 481 as indicated in the snip, but when I click compile I get the error as illustrated

Comment

Glad to hear you got it working, please expand the error in the lower editor section. I don't think it's related to the row code change you did. Which metadata file reference would be missing or incorrect?

Comment

Thanks Berstrand
                              I found the problem
                              I had deleted the 2 files that are "added to Reference in the Editor"
                              But I only replaced 1 with your copy attached to this thread
                              When I added "Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.dll" all works fine - I can change the number "201" to whatever I like and it compiles fine

Thanks again for the help

Comment

Sorry Bertrand but I do not undestand the "add as reference" part of the instructions... would you please explain me?
                                Thank you
                                FVJ

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DynamicTest  
                                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                                4 responses