Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dionysus New Year Present – Ninja & Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, vlaladim.

perhaps I can help you. But, first of all, I’d to know which are are you looking for, and what kind of sw has you develop.
    you can contact me in this email: [email protected]

Best Regards

Comment

Hey guys,
      I'm a newbie to Ninja Trader and programming (basically I don't have any expierence in programming and I did not understand very much from all the posts before). Maybe you guys can help me with that and hopefully there is already an existing answer to that.

So here's what I'm looking for:
      I need a solution to export these facts from a chart: Open, High, Low, Close, Date, Time, (Volume Data would be nice to have, but that's not a must). Therefore the BigMikeSolution looked great to me.

That's what I did:
      1. So I downloaded the file here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...wnload/excel8/
      2. Afterwards I went to the controlcenter and imported the script via tools-import-ninjascript...
      3. Next step was, that I opened a new chart. I went to indicators on that chart and selected BigMikeExcel and applied it to the chart (see screenshot attached).
      What do I need to do next? How do I get an Excel file with the data I'm looking for? Does anyone know what I'm missing and how I can get the data easily?

I hope someone can help me on this - I'd really appreciate it

Cheers!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello barcelinho,

Thank you for your post.

The tricky thing with that particular add-on is that it doesn't automatically create an Excel file for you. You have to have a blank workbook created somewhere on your PC, and the ExcelFile input needs to have the correct path to that file so it can open it and write to it before the indicator is applied to the chart.

By default it looks for a file called DTTest.xlsx in your C:\ drive:

C:\DTTest.xlsx

If there's not an Excel file there by that name, or you haven't created a file named something else and filled that field in the Indicator settings with its file path on your PC, it won't do anything.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Kate
          thank you so much for your fast reply. It worked perfectly after I created the file.

Just one more thing I want to add for anyone who will read this in the future. You also need to rename the ExcelSheetName to the one which is mentioned in the indicator settings - otherwise it wont work (thats probably only important if your selected language is not english ).

Cheers
          Michael

Comment

I just imported this today. I am doing event-based backtesting in python and I need to export volume bars as opposed to time series bars. The addon works nicely but will only spit out 200 bars. I need LOTS of data. Is there a way to export a larger sample size? Thanks for any help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by KingCAMBO View Post
              I just imported this today. I am doing event-based backtesting in python and I need to export volume bars as opposed to time series bars. The addon works nicely but will only spit out 200 bars. I need LOTS of data. Is there a way to export a larger sample size? Thanks for any help with this.
              Maybe try this?

This indicator directly connects a NinjaTrader chart to the Microsoft Excel and exports Open, High, Low, Close and all corresponding indicator values into a new or existing workbook into a specified sheet.

Works perfect for me.

Comment

I am not a programmer but can someone add the , ask and bid volume on this excel program. It will help a lot.and from there I could do what I want for this program, right now those volume doesn't tell anything.
                Last edited by rene69851; 12-25-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rene69851 View Post
                  I am not a programmer but can someone add the , ask and bid volume on this excel program. It will help a lot.and from there I could do what I want for this program, right now those volume doesn't tell anything.
                  If you add that information first in your NT8, it will be exported also to excel in the same sheet. But I don't know if bid, ask and bid volume are available at NT8. If it is not available you should try to find somebody who can write a script for that.

If you have the data in another excel you can copy it to the other excel sheet. you can liknk them on the time.
                  Last edited by marcus2300; 12-26-2021, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Jessica,
                    I'm receiving the following error on NT startup after installing the attached files from post #128:

Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.AddOnBase' from assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

I realize that this is out of the scope of support but just thought i's ask in the event that had an easy fix.

Thanks either way,

LM

Comment

Hello larkmail,

Thank you for your reply.

Jessica is no longer with NinjaTrader, unfortunately. That version of the script is several years old and may be out of date. I suggest trying this version from our publicly available User App Share - I have this installed and can confirm it should work for you.

This is a NinjaTrader 8 conversion of the BigMikeExcel tool created as an example to demonstrate NinjaTrader – Microsoft Excel interoperability that is found in the forums here. This script uses code that is not supported by the NinjaTrader Platform Support team.

Set up and usage can be a bit complicated, so here's a video showing how to use it:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is it possible this indicator can export into csv instead of an excel file ?
                        Please advise

Thanks
                        Last edited by noy_cabildo; 10-15-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Hello noy_cabildo,

Thanks for your note.

This indicator would need to export values into an excel file (.xlsx) as seen in the script.

That said, this thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on how it might be possible to have the script export values into a .csv file.

Let me know if I may assist further.
                          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi!

Thanks a lot you all for your efforts to improve BigMike
                            I would like to know how to get all data from any indicator (not only Open, High, Low, Close, Date, Time and Volume).

Best regards

Comment

Hello RAFAEL_ROLDAN,

Thanks for your notes.

You could get information from indicators by calling the indicator's method. For example, SMA() would be used to get information from the SMA indicator.

See this help guide documentation for more information about getting data from an indicator: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello.

I'm having trouble setting this up. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. I've downloaded indicator from the ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...wnload/excel8/
                                2. I've imported the script.
                                3. I've created an excel file .xlsx
                                4. I've put the pathway to the excel in the indicator

According to the video Kate posted, now the excel file should be opened by the indicator ...but nothing happens.

Did I miss a step? Is there anything else I should have done? (apart from learning how to program)

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post algospoke  
                                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes