Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Controls

Can anyone give any help with using Custom or User Controls in Ninja? I want to put extra buttons in the toolbar along the top of a Strategy chart window, next to the standard Ninja buttons. I would like to get button clicks into a running strategy to alter its behaviour.
    I know that this is possible because I have seen it done in a proprietary NinjaScript addon.
    Don't spose its easy though.

Hello,

This is unsupported Unfortunately as this would require standard c# programming to achieve and not NinjaScript.

Some examples of others doing this are on the forums however.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Custom Buttons

Have a look at the unsupported thread on the forum. There are a number of examples of strategies etc with custom buttons added.

Comment

Hi Al
        Thanks for your reply. I already found one or two who said they had done it, but did not say how.
        Are you somewhere in Europe? You are up early if you are in the US.

Comment

Adding Chart Buttons

DaveS

Yes I am in Europe

I know a little C# and a familar with Windows Forms and Visual Studio. I have looked through some of the strategies where buttons have been added and it is beyond my understanding, so I agree it is quite advanced programming to add a button. Also you have to be carefull you don't break Ninja.

Note to the Ninja people. I know we have this unsupported thread. As a lot of questions get diverted to that thread so can some thought be given to making it easier to find. Ideally it could be placed alongside one of the main treads in the directory structure, perhaps become Ninja tips or examples. You could then put your standard warning in there as well

Comment

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Done plenty with Visual C++ and the like, and a bit with C#, but no expert with it. But if you don't try, you wont learn so I will continue to poke around until I get there (hopefully). If I break Ninja, theres always a clean install.
            Did you actual find strat code that had a button? If so I'd appreciate a link.

Comment

DaveS

There is an indicator on the forum which prints out the news from FX I believe, in a chart window. This particular indicator has an additional button added to the toolbar. Try looking in the indicator section. It may be a 6.5 indicator. Apologies to the author but I cannot remember who wrote it. Incidentially its very good for displaying the economic data released.

MicroAl

Comment

Found it.

So, many thanks to roonius for providing an example and to you Al for your help.

And, Happy New Year

Comment

DaveS

Thats the one!

And a happy new year to you to.

Looking forward to Ninja 8 where you will be finally able to simply draw a line on a chart with the mouse, right click and set an alarm

I hope

MicroAl

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Rogers101, 05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Rogers101  
                  Started by ninza33, Today, 12:31 PM
                  2 responses