Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

'index was outside the bounds of the array'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'index was outside the bounds of the array'

New Year Greets!

I have several strategies I have built off the same framework, and this is the only one that that has given me this type of grief... I have already been @ http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3170 and I have never had to use more than 100 current bars (none of the settings is beyond ( period + smoothing ==) 50), and even the targets are no larger than 100 ! I have set the current bars to 300 on all 3 barsarray, and the dataseries are
    (
    this, MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite);
    and the doubles are set to [100] also , plus I am using 10 months of 5 range bars AND 'infinite lookback' on the strategy ++ minimum bars is set to 200 on the strategy input panel also ... still getting the error even after a restart ... Win7 ++ NT 7R1

Any suggestions? As noted, all the strategies have the same framework and indicators, and this is the only one (made some adjustments that should have no such of an outcome that I can determine) that has this error.. checked one of the others and it still runs OK. Trace attached.

Jon
    Attached Files

Happy New Year Jon - I would unfortunately not have any ideas other than to carefully debug each code piece (which it looks like you've already done) - would the error be confined to working on one instrument / chart type only? Is there any way I could give it a test for you here on my end?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Betrand,

Happy 2011 to you also!

I realize that debugging is the logical step, but I have rarely been successful at it in the past ... not my strong suite

I rebuilt the code from the last well tested version and added the code changes a few at a time ... now the new SHORT ONLY version is happy ... the LONG ONLY version was already working fine, but as I added another indicator it developed those same issues.

I now have two computers each running version2 ( 1@ short only, 1@ long only) and they are both about 10 hours into a 24 hour optimization experiment, with NO errors generated on the log tab.

Thanks for you offer: it is appreciated. For now I will discontinue on the version3

Jon

Comment

Thanks for the kind wishes Jon & for reporting back, I'm glad to hear V2 proves stable so far.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes