Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plotting multiple symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotting multiple symbols

I would like to plot multiple symbol either above or below the price bar depending on certain conditions. The plotting in itself is not an issue but I am struggling with maintaining a proper distance between those symbols when the user re-scales the chart. I have separated each symbol by a couple of TickSizes but depending on the scaling they will either overlap or be very far apart. Any suggestions on how to better control the plotting of symbols? Ideally I would like them to remain equidistant regardless of the scaling. I experimented with the autoscale parameters of the DrawText and DrawArrow methods but to no avail.

Thanks -

Hello trader2be,

I can see the issue you're facing, but not sure there is a simple solution. If drawing at Y values, you can really only draw at tick intervals. Separating the symbols by tick sizes is the only supported solution.

You may consider looking into the custom plot sample to draw using the chart canvas for Y values. Unfortunately we can't advise the specific implementation for this, but the sample may give you some ideas to work from.

This post as well may provide some guidance if you pursue this.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes