Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 Problem Still Not Addressed: Zero Bid triggers limit orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Problem Still Not Addressed: Zero Bid triggers limit orders

Hi guys-

I addressed this issue several months ago, and actually thought it was fixed as I hadn't had the problem spring up in about a week here of using NT7. Turns out I just didn't get any "zero bids."

If you have a short order, and you have a standing limit order to cover, a bid price of zero from your data provider will trigger the limit order to fill at zero.

I've attached a very easy to follow screen shot of exactly this issue in GC.

The only way around this "error" (it cannot be 'avoided') is to create a reversing trade in the historical trade log, where I short GC @ zero, then re-fill it (cover) at the original price. Then I need to enter a new, real trade that reflects the prior short as well as the price the trade would have covered at. As you can imagine, this wreaks havoc on trade statistics.

It's so bad that you'll see I use separate SIM accounts for every commodity type - because this error is not uncommon and I don't want errors from one instrument messing up trade statistics from other instruments.

Any idea on fixing this guys? A simple tick filter that eliminated zero prices would work.
    Attached Files

Thanks for the screenshot and case scenario cgeorgan - I'll review it and your original one from the beta days and get back to you.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand -

Thanks for looking into this.

CG

Comment

CG, you're welcome -

1. On which instruments are you seeing this regularly happen in your setup?

2. Is the target order placed by a NS strategy? Then please confirm the limitprice of this order is, not even for a split second, set to a price of 0 - as this could cause the issue seen as well.

Comment

In addition - please send your log / traces with the approx time of the issue via Help > Mail to Support to my Attn.

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            CG, you're welcome -

2. Is the target order placed by a NS strategy? Then please confirm the limitprice of this order is, not even for a split second, set to a price of 0 - as this could cause the issue seen as well.
            I can tell you for certain it's most common with NYMEX metals (GC, HG, SI). I can't recall if I've seen it with other instruments (I haven't worked on this in about 3 months), but my gut tells me it has happened at least a couple of times with other instruments.

My strategies are all unmanaged. The only orders that are adjusted in real-time are stop orders. Target orders are set immediately upon execution, and are based on position average prices (that's provided by NT). I've never had this happen anywhere near execution...usually I'm sitting in a position and ... zip ...zero bid comes, order filled.

In prior examples where I've picked this out, each time I've gotten a zero fill, it's been because of a zero bid on a short (a zero offer on a long would not trigger a fill, logically speaking). It's not even a zero "last" - just zero "bid."

Comment

In addition - please send your log / traces with the approx time of the issue via Help > Mail to Support to my Attn.

Thanks in advance,
              I sent it to support AT ninjatrader . com, Attn: Bertrand.

Comment

Thanks - just replied directly to your note sent to support.

Comment

CG, you're welcome -

Ahh, it came back to me -

In addition to NYMEX metals, I had this spring up a lot with CME Agricultural products (ZW, ZC, ZL, ZS).

Comment

Thanks for the additional input, we are looking into it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                    0 responses