Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Phantom Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom Indicator

What I did:

I created two indicators 1) dtcBollingerBands and 2) dtcBollingerBandPlots. Compiled them and everything was fine.

Then I Exported both of them using CliSecure to protect the IP in One Export File. That went well.

Then I copied the two indicator .cs files to another folder. ( Wanted to keep the source)

I deleted the two indicators via Tools | Edit Indicator | Delete.

I then tried to Import the Assembly and got the following Error Msg saying Import Failed. See first image for details

So then I went to Tools | Edit Indicator | and the two files where not listed which they should not have been. See second image for details.

Now the problem starts to arise. From a chart I open the Indicators Dialog and the two indicators are shown. See the third image for details

So I thought to check Files | Utilities | Remove NinjaScript Assembly to see if the Import actually did work. The dialog box is empty. See forth image for details.

See the fifth image for a list of files included in the Exported Assembly.

NT has been restarted several times as well as rebooting the computer. This did not solve the problem.

I am at a loss as to how the Indicator can work when there is no indicator file or imported assembly.

So, how do I fix the current situation to remove all references to the two files so I can start over.

What possibly went wrong? My error or NT or CliSecure. Would like to know so I don't do it again. If you need additional information please let me know.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

And finally an image showing that the indicator does work.

Fix it "Big Daddy Ray"!
    Attached Files

Comment

TAJTrades, does a .dll of your indicator exist in the My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/custom folder? What about a .cs in /bin/custom/indicator?
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
        TAJTrades, does a .dll of your indicator exist in the My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/custom folder? What about a .cs in /bin/custom/indicator?

Austin

I went through Windows Explorer and there are NO .cs or .dll files listed in any sub folder in the "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7" main folder.

Good thought because I failed to check everyone of them. But no luck.

Next?

Comment

Don't have any idea why:

I copied all the indicator .cs files to a folder outside the NinjaTrader 7 folder. Next I deleted all the custom indicators via Tools | Edit Indicator | Delete except one very basic indicator. Then Complied it. Next I attempted to Import the Assembly.

It worked as I expected it to. Now I am copying the indicator .cs files back to the NinjaTrader 7 Indicators folder a few at a time and Compiling the them. I am looking for the culprit but so far everything is proceeding as expected.

I have no idea what may have caused this. Could have been me, NT or CliSecure. No clue and not placing blame. If it happens again I will post.

Comment

Thanks for the update, TAJTrades. If you figure out what happened, please let us know.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes