Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Assemblies and Yahoo Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assemblies and Yahoo Mail

I tried to email an Assembly that was protected with CliSecure. Yahoo said the attachment had a virus. I ran the zip file through my Anti Virus and came out clean. Is anyone else having this issue?

Is this just a case of NT7 having a technical feud with Yahoo? Would it be possible for NT Support to check on this and confirm or deny (by trying to send an assembly through Yahoo email).

Thanks.

Originally posted by TAJTrades View Post
    I tried to email an Assembly that was protected with CliSecure. Yahoo said the attachment had a virus. I ran the zip file through my Anti Virus and came out clean. Is anyone else having this issue?

Is this just a case of NT7 having a technical feud with Yahoo? Would it be possible for NT Support to check on this and confirm or deny (by trying to send an assembly through Yahoo email).

Thanks.
    You will just have to ask the recipient to use another email client, to receive the file. I have had that happen with Yahoo mail, even with unprotected assemblies, and even just normal exports that zip up the cs file. I have had the problem on both ends with no consistency. Sometimes they are just fine; at other times they are not.

Comment

Guess this slipped through the cracks of NT Support. 2 days and no response from the NT Staff. At least a another user chimed in. Many thanks for that.

I was just asking if this is a known issue or if NT Support could look into it. If it is, it would be nice to know so we could alert NT Customers that use Yahoo for email to supply a different email. Otherwise if we send the Assembly to a Yahoo account we may have to hear rants that we are spreading viruses when in fact we are not. Customer Service 101, prevent the problem before it arises.

If it is a known issue, that is fine. I don't expect NT to rewrite the application to make it compatible with Yahoo email nor do I expect Yahoo to change their virus scanning methods. Some basic knowledge / communication goes a long way.

Comment

TAJTrades, first of all sorry to our late reply to your post - I just ran a test and yes Yahoo's scanner seems to take offense at parts of the zip file (I believe the xml parts may be it) - as workaround rename the file to another ending such as .xxx before sending out and then have the recipient rename the file back to .zip to import then, the scanner reported no issue in my testing then.

Thanks,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Betrand,

Thanks for the confirmation. If any question now arise we can refer back to this post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Jon17
          by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
          0 responses