Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawTextFixed and remove lables on Secondary Indicator Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawTextFixed and remove lables on Secondary Indicator Chart

Hi Guys I am wishing to do things on the attached chart:

1. Use the DrawTextFixed function to put a string on the top left of the secondary indicator chart. I looked at the manual and it only mentioned the primary chart so not sure how to put it on the secondary.
    2. How do I get rid of all the labels on both the primary charts and secondary charts?

Thanks
    DJ
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

DrawTextFixed unfortunately only works on the main panel. I'm checking with development to see if there is a way to do this on a secondary panel.

Also, you can remove the labels by right click->indicators. Then setting label property for each indicator to

""

This will remove the label.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Drawtextfixed

Thanks Brett, that drawtextfixed on the secondary chart would be a very useful thing to have. If this isn't possible I'd appreciate any ideas of a workaround. I need to do 2 things:

1. Insert text with a string for each of the 3 secondary charts (like the short trades phrases on the top left of the main chart)
      2. Name the chart with a label that is bigger (the standard label is hard to see)

You can see the problem clearly on the attached chart whereby I have 3 secondary indicator charts. Now being able to use Drawtextfixed on these charts is very useful in being able to quickly get an idea whats going on without having to look at the secondary charts too closely.

Thanks in advance
      DJ
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

No problem. Might want to check out this here to help with doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by djkiwi View Post
          Thanks Brett, that drawtextfixed on the secondary chart would be a very useful thing to have. If this isn't possible I'd appreciate any ideas of a workaround. I need to do 2 things:

1. Insert text with a string for each of the 3 secondary charts (like the short trades phrases on the top left of the main chart)
          2. Name the chart with a label that is bigger (the standard label is hard to see)

You can see the problem clearly on the attached chart whereby I have 3 secondary indicator charts. Now being able to use Drawtextfixed on these charts is very useful in being able to quickly get an idea whats going on without having to look at the secondary charts too closely.

Thanks in advance
          DJ
          You can only draw in a panel from the indicator, if the indicator is the one that created the panel. In which case, despite what NinjaTrader_Brett says, you can actually draw in the indicator panel if you use DrawOnPricePanel = false. That may not have been the design intent, but it does work that way.

I believe you mean as in the attached drawing, albeit, my text is in the bottom left and bottom right respectively.
          Attached Files

Comment

DrawOnPricePanel

Thanks Brett and Koganam, I tried the

DrawOnPricePanel = false;

it works perfectly. Very useful setting.

Cheers
            DJ

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post adeelshahzad  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses