Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

More than 1 Output Windows ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than 1 Output Windows ?

Hi,

Is it possible to run more than one Output Windows in a single Ninja session ? I have a couple of indicators running on a chart, both with Print() statements and the output from those is all meshed in one Output Window, making it a bit hard to analyze results.

If not two output windows, is it possible to publish results to a windows command screen, and also publish results onto a text file for later review ?

Thanks much for your help

buylosellhi, just replied to your note sent to support.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks much Bertrand

Comment

Hi buylosellhi,

have a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8bh11f1k.aspx for writing files in C#

Example 4 should work for you (make sure the file already exists). Generate your string and write (append it to the file). You should do this for instance in OnBarUpdate(). The nice thing is: You don´t need even to open or close the file seperate (with addtional statements)

To few text in a seperate window: One possible (maybe there is an easier way) solution ist to open an a small client in the indicator which is sending text to a socket (so this is client server socket programming stuff). A second seperate program (which has nothing to do with NJ) is a little server on the some workstation which listen to the text coming from the NJ indicator (client) and diplays this in a window. This may needs intemediate programming knowledge, but it´s not a big thing.

I started working on e test on somthing like that just yesterday: It worked ... but i need some things to refine ...

If you are interested in a ready solution for that issue (clientNJ to server messaging) so let me know (but i can not provide this for free).

Hope that helps a little.

Best Reagrds
        Markus

MF Solutions And Engineering For Traders
        Last edited by MarkusF; 05-16-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

MarkusF,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums and thanks for this contribution.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RyanM,
            thank you for welcoming !
            Your Software is realy great !

Best Regards
            Markus

Comment

Markus, thanks for your reply. btw, I agree that Ninja is a great software - enough that i decided to start writing code again after many many years :-)
              I especially like the multi-series architecture because thats central to my strategy. To do that in a program like Tradestation requires a lot more coding gymnastics !
              one thing I cant get my arms around, and it should prob be a separate post/question, is how ninja stores tick data sequence in multi-series framework. in real time i see the base chart gets updated first and then all the other "BarsInProgress". but when I backtest historical data its all over the place and can be real problem in a fast moving chart like 3-tick renko for Silver. last week there were multiple occasions where BarsInProgress=1 had a few consecutive bars "ahead" of BarsInProgress=0. "Ahead" in a Time&Sales order sense because all the bars had the same timestamp down to the second. When I replay it like live market I can capture the correct tick and bar generation sequence but I dont know how its stored for historical testing. it drove me nuts last week... I tried to check if the ticks had a timestamp more granular than seconds using Ticks count clock but it doesnt get any finer than seconds.
              I'd really appreciate if anyone can share their ideas on how to read the correct tick sequence on a historical chart where bars have the same timestamp...
              thanks in advance

Comment

Hi buylosellhi, the highest timestamp granularity offered is unfortunately down 1 second as you already noted. For backtesting your scenario it would be best to work with Market Replay data as here the tick formation sequence is recorded as needed.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes