Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Properties

Why is it when I place the below code in Properties

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]
    [Description([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Setup Look Back Bars"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])]
    [Category([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Parameters"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])]
    [Gui.Design.DisplayName([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"01. LookBack"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]public[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]int[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] lookbackbars
    {
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]get[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]return[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] LookBackBars; }
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]set[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { LookBackBars = Math.Max([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], value); }
    } 
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    I get the error message "No overload for method 'tdbuyextendedsetup' takes '0' arguments". The error, though, is occuring in indicators which call values from this indicator.

When I remove the above code, everything compiles...

As soon as you created a new property for the indicator, you changed the calling signature for the indicator. Specifically, you increased the number of parameters by the number of new properties that you introduced, so any other indicator that calls the modified indicator has to be adjusted to call the modified indicator with the correct signature.

Comment

Kaywai, please make the changes suggested by koganam and see if that resolves the issue.
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Koganam & Austin! The indicator compiles now!

The next question I have regarding this is:

If the "lookbackbars" field can be manually changed, how do I get other indicators/strategies to use the changed field automatically?

For example, the "lookbackbars" field is defaulted to "5". And if I adjust the code via the display screen to "4", how can I get the other indicators/strategies to automatically use the "4" instead of the default "5"?

As a result of the changes I made below, all the indicators/strategies that call this indicator have to have "5" in the brackets immediately after the indicator. I was hoping it could use whatever number I decide in the indicator proper.

Could you please advise?

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

If it is a property, you just have to call the indicator with the value that you want. It will be automatically passed: that is the meaning of a property.

From what you describe (as it seems that you have to put it in the brackets, when calling the indicator), it would appear that you are talking about a property. In that case, all you need to do is call the indicator with "4" instead of "5".

Comment

kaywai, unfortunately you'll have to edit all of your scripts manually and change the 5 to a 4 if you want them all to use a value of 4 from now on.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

cool. thx guys! appreciate your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM