Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

If I wanted to find the lowest bar in a series of bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I wanted to find the lowest bar in a series of bars

and I would like to exclude the current bar from that series, how would i do that?

Originally posted by kaywai View Post
    and I would like to exclude the current bar from that series, how would i do that?
    Query the "Swing" indicator with a swing strength of 1.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...html?swing.htm

Comment

Hi Koganam,

The swing indicator would only work under certain conditions, no?

If my series of bars are comparing close vs close[bars ago] and i am using those counts to ascertain the lowest low of that series, but wanting to exclude the current bar, would the swing indicator work?

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Hi Koganam,

The swing indicator would only work under certain conditions, no?

If my series of bars are comparing close vs close[bars ago] and i am using those counts to ascertain the lowest low of that series, but wanting to exclude the current bar, would the swing indicator work?
        Your question leaves me a bit lost. I cannot see what a close to close comparison has to do with the lowest low.

The lowest low is an absolute, so yes, the swing low point, determined from the Swing indicator, indexed to start at the bar before the current bar, will give you the lowest point in the lookback period, as by indexing to the prior bar, the current bar is automatically excluded.

Comment

Hi Koganam,

Sorry for the confusion.

As I am using a quasi-****** indicator which compares Close vs Close[barsago] and using those counts to determine the lowest low in the entire setup. By setting a flag to indicate the end of the setup, and checking for the lowest low based on the setup counts, there have been occassions where the lowest low is the CurrentBar. This is why I asked how could I determine the lowest low of a series of bars which excludes the CurrentBar.

Anyhoo, I have resolved the issue using a series of CurrentBar variables. Thanks for helping though. Appreciate it.

Kay Wai

Comment

Do you have the Perl Book on the ****** indicators?

You will find that you are imposing an additional constraint on TDST that is not really there. There is no requirement anywhere that the current bar must not have the lowest low of the setup.

Comment

You are correct on that Koganam. I'm doing so to decide which trades to enter and which trades to ignore and it's not really related to the TDST line....My rules and counts are not conventional, which is why the code is different.

As TD says on occassion, it's not only about the 9s....

Comment

You are correct on that Koganam. I'm doing so to decide which trades to enter and which trades to ignore and it's not really related to the TDST line....My rules and counts are not conventional, which is why the code is different.

As TD says on occassion, it's not only about the 9s....
                Ah. My rules are different too, BTW. i.e., I do not trade the TDSeq the way it is described in the book either. LOL

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                21 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes