Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bars.MarketData?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bars.MarketData?

Hi there,

Looking through the documentation, I've seen quite a bit of discussion/code from others referencing "Bars.MarketData". I can't find any documentation on this property... can someone point me in the right direction?

I looked here, didn't find anything:

heech,

Unfortunately Bars.MarketData is not supported by us and we have no documentation for this that I can provide. What I suggest is to try inquiring with some of the individuals you saw using it before to see if they can help you out or just try experimenting with it and printing the various property/methods out to see what exactly you get out of each one.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Bars.MarketData is not a supported method in NinjaTrader. Therefor we do not have and data on it. However you are free to experiment with it however since its not supported by NinjaTrader changes could be made here without warning in future releases of NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Any Source Code for unsupported methods

Even though methods such as Bars.MarketData and Bars.MarketDataSubscribed are not officially supported, is there source code for these classes anywhere that we can peruse to see exactly what these methods do?

Comment

Originally posted by pnfTrader View Post
          Even though methods such as Bars.MarketData and Bars.MarketDataSubscribed are not officially supported, is there source code for these classes anywhere that we can peruse to see exactly what these methods do?
          Welcome to our forums here - unfortunately the source code used would be proprietary to NT.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Welcome to our forums here - unfortunately the source code used would be proprietary to NT.
            I inferred from previous posts that these unsupported methods were written by third parties not by NT. But if they are proprietary to NT shouldn't you at least explain what they do and just note that they are not supported. Otherwise a large portion of these indicators are essentially useless since there is neither code nor documentation available to the users.

Comment

Hello,

We document information that we support in NinjaScript.

We are always looking to improve this moving forward in the future.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes