Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DataSeries.Set not loading required values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DataSeries.Set not loading required values

Hi,

I am trying to load a custom dataseries with a series of 'Close' values but when I debug it the values do not appear to have been loaded. I have a couple of questions about this.

Firstly: is it ok to specify which bar's data you want to load into the series?
    By this I mean can I ask it to load the series like this:
    myDataSeries.Set(Closes[2][1])
    having set
    'private DataSeries myDataSeries;' in vars
    and
    in Initialize:
    'myDataSeries = new DataSeries(this);'

( where BarsArray[2] = 60min bars, strategy running on a 1min chart )

In the help guide for NT7 it gives an example as:
    myDataSeries.Set(High - Low); ie without specifying which bars the High/Low data will be taken from (from CurrentBar always therefore).

whereas in the NT6 help guide it gave this example:

myDataSeries.Set(High[0] - Low[0]);

Per my own attempt above I would like to load the previous bar's value ([2][1]) in the current bar of my series, due to the fact that I am running it in realtime and using 'FirstTickOfBar' to perform actions on the open of the next bar, thus requiring that my data comes from the prior bar ([1]).

The second related point I would like to clarify is whether I have to use the 'myDataSeries.Set' in OnBarUpdate when BarsInProgress = 0?
    I am currently trying to update the series via .Set when BiP=2 (ie on 60min events).
    Is it ok to load via '.Set' when BiP=2? Or would that affect the way the data loads to the series? many thanks

You spotted a bug in the helpguide, thanks - the 6.5 sample is correct - you would load double values into the DataSeries.

If you wish to Set values tied to the primary series BIP 0 context is ok, if you'd like to have the series index tied to BIP 2 you can sync the series as needed :

Note: In NinjaTrader 8 It is no longer needed to use an indicator to sync a secondary series. This can be done directly from the Series<T> (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?seriest.htm) constructor. This post is left for historical purposes. Series objects are useful for
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

that's great thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Davidtowleii  
      Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM