Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to know my account has pending/executed orders when resuming running strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to know my account has pending/executed orders when resuming running strategy

If for any reasons such as power outages, so I have to restart running NJ program. If I have pending orders or executed orders, is there a way to know these orders after resuming NJ program? Thanks.

Hello appleseed,

Yes, you can use the Orders tab of the control center to monitor for any working or accepted orders. You can right click > Filter only active orders here to only show open orders. The positions tab will list any current positions on the account.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan, thanks for the answers. But the method you provided is done manually. How could NinjaScript know these order status?

If my NJ scripts issued 10 orders, 5 pending and 5 executed and then hit power outage. Is there a way for my Ninja script to continue handing these order without manually checking and closing these orders?

Comment

Yes, this is not done in your own custom coding but there is a sync process made when you restart the strategy. What happens is the strategy is run against historical data and looks to match this historical run with the prior actual run. There are a few different things it will do depending on if it matches successfully and your sync settings. This is detailed here:

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes