Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can we get some workspace love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get some workspace love?

Does anyone else find the workspaces in ninjatrader to be a pain? With my strategies and APA zones I change workspaces every few minutes. Well, I'm going create a new way to switch up workspaces quickly inside of Ninja because I'm tired of clicking back to my control panel all day long. So I think 'Ctrl' + 'number key' is a must for changing out workspaces on the fly. The real question is:

A new tab, window, or drop down that controls your workspaces and where would that new section be?

Love to hear your thoughts before I start coding.

Hello doubletop,

Thank you for your post.

I just wanted to remind that you can cycle through your open workspaces by pressing Shift + F3.

You can also customize your own workspace hot keys for multiple actions, such as opening new, saving, or closing a workspace.

Please see our Help Guide article on the Hot Key manager for more information:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Matt for the reminder. I do love my shortcut keys. I would like to bind up to 10 workspaces. Yes, you can cycle through, however programming in the shortcut keys is not hard in the lest if you know basic UI commands and you have the right reference libraries. On the other hand, I see 2 features I've seen in other charting platforms that I would like in NT.

1.)tabbed workspaces/desktop setup
      2.)a couple more features in the market analyzer to do a few different things like bring up all your charts based on the instruments you select in the market analyzer.
      3rd thought) get rid of that dialog box that asks you to always save. I have destroyed more workspaces on accident with that box then I care to admit.

Maybe I'm just being picky. And don't get me wrong I won't trade my NT platform for any other. But if others would like to see this change. Please let me know. I'll do it and send it out to whomever for free.
      I figure that with my skills why not. Of course, if I do this project just watch NT 8 have all of this.

Comment

workspace tabs of all open workspaces should be added to the control center....right next to [+/-] sign....so user can see currently open and change workspace with one and only click..... it's so simple....

Comment

please consider this as a suggestion...thanks

Comment

Amen Brother

I too am a diehard Ninja Trader, but I really do miss the workspaces tabs in Tradestation. I agree with everything you've said and have had the same challenges. I would love love love it if you'd tackle this project. I know that the development guys have thousands of ideas for what to put into NT8, so what are the odds that they'd include workspace navigation? Not to mention, I'll bet NT8 is just a little ways out yet. Let's not wait that long!

Please include me in your beta testing. I can't code, but I know how to break it!

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions. I've forwarded them to development.
              AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Trade From My Recliner View Post
                I too am a diehard Ninja Trader, but I really do miss the workspaces tabs in Tradestation. I agree with everything you've said and have had the same challenges. I would love love love it if you'd tackle this project. I know that the development guys have thousands of ideas for what to put into NT8, so what are the odds that they'd include workspace navigation? Not to mention, I'll bet NT8 is just a little ways out yet. Let's not wait that long!

Please include me in your beta testing. I can't code, but I know how to break it!
                Ah, I see you belong to the same school as I.

They say that there are 2 schools of computing:
                1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it
                2. If it ain't broke, you have not installed enough beta programs.

You know to which school we belong, right?

Comment

the beauty of Ninja is you can always build an indicator

pls find an indicator which lets you to change workspace on the fly (it is not built by me but i got it from the forum itself). you can get enough idea from it and can surely create/modify according to your needs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bukkan,

Thanks to share the "workspaces " indicator in order to be able to match the workspaces tab in Multicharts for example .
                    I was able to install it in NT7 , to compile it successfully ( after modifying the lines 56 to 59 to match the filenames in my machine )

When assigning the "workspace" indicator to a chart , only 4 little squares are displayed on the chart .

Has anybody already tested it ?

Regards
                    Gerard

Comment

does anyone have APA zoning MTF Plugin V3 setup files or a version working one for ninjatrader , i have V2? Rest help from members.. And also any Help guide manuals on this

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary