Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

newbiw wondering how to stop series from being plotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbiw wondering how to stop series from being plotted

Hi,

I'm a newbie with ninjascript and have been fiddling with a ninjascript extension to get it to do what i want (basically a series of SMA arithmetic calculations) and am kind of there in that i have created a series of SMA based algorrithms which all plot correctly in a chart and appear in market analyser BUT now i have so many lines plotted i need to reduce them to just 1 of the 4 to be plotted and I'm struggling with how to do it.

To add additional series I figured out i need to add the following code :

Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Red), PlotStyle.Line, "TallCandleHeight"));

TallCandleHeight.Set(CandleHeight[0] * 1.46);

[Browsable(false)] // this line prevents the data series from being displayed in the indicator properties dialog, do not remove
    [XmlIgnore()] // this line ensures that the indicator can be saved/recovered as part of a chart template, do not remove
    public DataSeries TallCandleHeight
    {
    get { return Values[3]; }

I am assuming that the Add noew plot automatically defines the series so I am wondering what to replace this with so that i still get the underlying series data in the chart (detail box) and market analyser but without plotting on the chart

thx for any help

ian

Hi Ian,

so that i still get the underlying series data in the chart (detail box) and market analyser
    For both of these the value must be a plot. Only plots show up in data box and market analyzer.

What you can do to hide the visual is set the plot color to the same color as the chart background. It will still show up in the data box and be available in MA, but you won't see it when applied to a chart.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thx .. i should have thought of this one :-)

Comment

hi,
        making some of the plots transparent colour did make them disappear but the automatic scale puts the visible plots (ratios -1.0 <->+1.0) right at the bottom (the transparent plot values are 10-20x larger absolute values)
        is it possible to manually set in either the chart settings or ninjascript indicator code the scaling in Panel 2 (for this indicator in my case) to be +1 to -1 ?
        thx
        ian

Comment

Yes, you can do a couple things for this.
          *Manually set the scale. In the vertical (price) axis: Right Click > Properties > Change Range to Fixed and specify your range.

*Set Autoscale property of indicator to false. Right Click on Chart > Indicators > Select an indicator currently applied > Set Autoscale to false. This means the indicator won't be included in automatic scaling.

Can set this property programatically as well:
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
          0 responses